Each employee is responsible and accountable for demonstrating a commitment to the company’s mission statement. Understanding that all divisions of the company work together for one common purpose--to delight our customers with the exceptional ease of banking at Salem Five.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; however other duties may be assigned based on business need:
- Performs underwriting and annual reviews on commercial, commercial real estate and land development loans, regardless of dollar amount, industry or complexity, in accordance with State Regulatory guidelines and Salem Five’s policies and procedures.
- Approves, administers, and reviews loans and loan commitments to ensure that they adhere to existing policy guidelines and that documentation is adequate to ensure security of collateral.
- Examines for adequacy and completeness, loan documentation on a wide variety of loans and loan commitments.
- Approve or reject loans, ensuring that the credits adhere to existing credit guidelines and that applicants are deemed credit worthy.
- Administers and reviews existing credits to protect the quality and profitability of the loan portfolio.
- Identifies potential problem loans.
- Manage problems loans as required by the Chief Credit Officer.
- Demonstrates compliance with banking business laws and regulations as defined in company policies and procedures pertinent to the position.
- Regular attendance is essential to this position.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
NON- ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Assist unit manager in other duties as required.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university; and seven to ten years of related senior level experience (i.e., lending, credit approval, workout) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Seven to ten years of commercial underwriting experience, showing increasing levels of responsibilities, required. Experience underwriting larger and very complex loan transactions (i.e., acquisition financing for $20 million or more.) Applicant must have appropriately developed computer skills to complete assignments. Previous experience with approval authority is required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.