The Performance Excellence Black Belt supporting the West Region Corrugated plants will lead multiple process improvement teams concurrently utilizing the Lean-Six Sigma Methodology to measurably improve operational and/or business processes. Must work effectively with leadership and the financial community to translate sustainable process improvements into budgeted financial improvements (net productivity impact). May be required to coach and/or support Green Belts and Part TimeBlack Belts on their kaizen or DMAIC projects. May be required to lead projects impacting customers, customer service and sales personnel.
The Black Belt will need to be based out of one of the Corrugated facilities in the West Region. Preferredlocations are: Fresno, Salinas, Cerritos, and Corona, CA; Glendale, AZ, Chicagoland or Minneapolis, MN. Must be able to travel up to 80%.
How you will impact WestRock:
Work with leadership to align on priorities, business needs, project opportunitiesLead 2-4 project improvement teams concurrently, potentially at multiple locations (divisional / business unit dependent). Execute > 6 projects per year having a significant impact on our business (BBs expected to provide > $1MM in productivity).Coach multiple Green Belt projects per year.Work effectively with operations to translate process improvement findings into production specifications and standard workMaintain project documentation within the project management system.Ensure standards of project execution for DMAIC and kaizen projects are met.Consistently identify project opportunities to improve the businessSupport business unit or divisional initiatives.
What you need to succeed:
- BS/BA; Technical DegreePreferred (Engineeringrequired within Paper Solutions)
- 5 – 10 years of relevant industry experience with progressive growth in leadership and business
- Passion and drive to improve systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects in fast paced and dynamic environments using team-based, data-based approach
- Demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor technical and non-technical knowledge to hourly and salaried employees to drive business results
- Strong financial acumen with ability to create financial models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L
- Proficient with Minitab, Microsoft Office, Visio, and/or Sharepoint
- Intermediate knowledge of LeanSix Sigma tools and methodology
- WestRock BB certification within 2 years
- Driven with a sense of urgency to achieve results
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills from the shop floor to executive level
- Skilled Decision maker and Systematic Problem Solver
- Ability to Positively Influence and Persuade Others
- Capable of assuming authority as needed
- Team builder
- Average of 80% travel
- Subject matter expert within the industry applicable to the division/business unit
- Experience in change management and organizational redesign
- 2+ years as leansix sigmablack belt with documented project portfolio
- ASQ BB Certification
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.