Company Description: Limelight Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: LLNW) is the content delivery partner for thousands of entertainment, technology, enterprise and government entities around the globe. Limelight’s mission is to securely manage and globally deliver digital content, building customer satisfaction through exceptional reliability and performance.
Job Purpose: The Systems Operations Engineer within the Operations team is responsible for ongoing maintenance of hardware and software. This position will also interface with Limelight Operations, Engineering, Architecture and Development.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of systems operations hardware and software.
- Maintains remote server administration.
- Responsible for system turn up and managing edge capacity.
- Work with other teams on system escalations.
- Troubleshoot and manage Unix and Linux systems.
- Work with and mentor data center and NOC teams.
- Document procedures and processes related to system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Work with engineering teams on capacity related projects.
Qualifications: Experience andEducation (minimums)
- Two yeardegree in technology related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Four year technical degreepreferred.
- Unix/Linux Certifications preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in an Enterprise Network environment required.
- 2+ years’ experience with UNIX / Linux administration experiencerequired.
- Experience working in a large (1000+ physical and virtualized) and complex operations environment.
- Experience with Network elements, Protocols, Services and Transport layer.
- Experience with firewalls, load balancers, IDS, routers, switches, VLAN and Internetworking protocols (BGP) is a plus.
- Experience with Apache, scripting and automation (PHP, BASH, Perl), web server security and othertechnologies such as caching, monitoring and performance tuning.
- PCI DSS or other compliance framework experience (SOX/Sarbox, GLBA, HIPPA, etc.) a plus.
- Experience working with KVM or other virtualization technologies.
- Hands on experience with monitoring tools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exposure to databasetechnologies (MySQL, MSSQL).
- Exposure to DNS administration.
- Excellent customer service skills with a professional demeanor. Must at all times be able to communicate clearly with all levels of employees and external vendors.
- Ability to achieve specific results from little direction.
- Ability to document procedures.
- Maintain high degree of self-motivation and independent decision making.
- Ability to work and derive creative and practical solutions to complex problems in independent work environment.