Stryker is one of the world’s leading medicaltechnology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to makehealthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medicaltechnologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexualorientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Supporting the United States, could live anywhere in the country.
Plans, directs, and coordinates the selling activities of sales reps under their supervision in accordance with budgeted objectives in order to obtain maximum profitability and volume in relation to pre-set standards.
• Locates, interviews, and hires top level sales talent for sales rep. positions.
• Trains and develops new sales personnel.
• Develops plans in accordance with the Director of Sales to maximize sales opportunities in the region.
• Develops and recommends strategic plans with representatives to achieve greater market share/penetration.
• Evaluates performance and takes corrective action where appropriate with sales representatives under their supervision.
• Prepares monthly highlights and necessary reports to keep the Director of Sales adequately informed of progress.
• Assists in the negotiation of sales transaction and divisional agreements.
• Coordinates and distributes funds out of a regional budget.
• Develops and motivates sales personnel to meet stated objectives.
• Constructs new sales territories in order to facilitate company growth.
• Works with marketing department to keep sales force informed of new information pertaining to the market.
• Adheres regularly to all G.M.P. policies and procedures as stipulated by the FDA
• Manages directly the activities of Sales representatives in the region.
• Sets overall regional goals and territory quotas and evaluates their performance against these goals.
• Coaches and develops sales personnel in the region.
• Responsible for inter-departmental compliance with company policies and corrective actions.
• Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Must be able to communicate with large groups of people.
• Must be able to communicate telephonically.
• Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g. fax, modem, calculator, PC, etc.).
• Up to 60% travel annually.
• Must be able to routinely make decisions regarding strategy as pertains to the sales representatives territory activity.
• Must be able to generate and explain detailed proposals, guidelines, and procedures.
• Must be able to impart fundamental product and sales knowledge to newly hired representatives.
• Must be able to analyze regional market potential and effectively create sales territories.
• Must be able to analyze and make decisions regarding personnel.
Qualifications/Work Experience Preferred
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Possess ability to identify and hire outstanding talent.
• 3-6 years of sales and/or sales management experience.
• Financial analysis
• In-house product training
• Computer training
Education/Special Training Required
• B.B.A. or B.S. in business with an emphasis in marketing or related discipline.
• M.B.A. or M.A. desired