Lead team of experienced hires to deliver series of 12-14 week engagements helping Aetna’s local market President and sales leadership develop strategic plans to increase sales and retain existing clients, translate the strategy into an operating plan, and tracking plan impact. These local market strategies will include the creation and phased development of customer segmentation, lead generation and qualification strategies, and marketing channel optimization.
- Consultative problem solving: utilize hypothesis-driven approach to systematically assess drivers of local market success, including
- Assessing local market baseline conditions
- Current and potential attractiveness of major customer segments
- Opportunities for growth through broader market participation and share penetration
- Product competitiveness vs local and national competitors
- Local distribution channel, sales and marketing effectiveness and efficiency
- Data analytics: using local market sales, product, customer, or distribution data to develop diagnostic analyses, size opportunities, and inform growth strategies
- Stimulate strategic thinking between leaders of the local market functions, segments, and functional SMEs to develop a shared vision of local market success in the market, including a multi-year strategy and tactical recommendations / milestones through which success will be achieved.
- Ability to identify / operationalize strategic win-win opportunities (e.g., proof of concept pilot)
- Communication: persuasively communicate findings / recommendations (e.g., presentations, briefs, visualizations)
- Track and measure achievement of milestones and other leading indicators of success to help ensure success, engaging market, segment, and shared service staff as needed to keep the operating plan on track or adjust strategy and plans to adapt to changing market conditions
- Recruit and manage a team of 3-5 to drive a series of 12-14 week engagements to develop local market strategies and operating plans.
Background / Experience desired:
6+ years of leadership experience and technical/functional expertise in several of the following areas: management consulting, financial analysis, project management, operations management and/or marketing. Experience with mid-size, cross-functional initiatives with a moderate to high degree of complexity. Demonstrated experience developing analysis. Experience with development of Sales effectiveness and B2B growth strategies.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Master's degree.