Supervisor Information Technology
APS is looking for a Supervisor of Information Technology to provide leadership and work direction for either: 1) the I/S Customer Care Center (CCC) staff to operate a centralized Help Desk in order to receive requests for service and/or information from users of I/S computer and telecommunications services, OR 2) a staff within an assigned unit of Information Services to perform field and infrastructure support and implementation of new and modifications to existing information and communication systems to enhance and support business processes and meet information needs. Contains costs by achieving a high level of resolution of reported issues without dispatch to I/S support organizations. Provides direction to maintain a knowledge base in order to capture resolutions and corrective actions to be used by I/S CCC or assigned unit staff. Leads team to effective issue resolution by identifying and assigning appropriate I/S services. Resolves operational issues by identifying, recommending and implementing appropriate solutions. Supports systems and technology implementations. Leads team to support integration of new and existing information and communication systems through overall systems architecture. Balances preferred technical architecture and business requirements to provide effective solutions and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Experience with Siemens Spectrum 3.9 EMS system
- 5+ years of EMS/Transmission Operations experience
- CIP program expertise
- Strong relationship with APS TD&C
- Understanding of Network Model
- Operator Training Simulator familiarity
- APS change management knowledge
- Service Now experience
- Real Time Contingency Analysis expertise
- Familiarity of FERC, NERC, and WECC regulations and Standards
A four year Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or other job related field from an accredited college or university plus eight (8) years progressively responsible directly related experience in area/s of assignment is required to obtain an advanced understanding of information and/or communication systems, operating systems, network communications, equipment and infrastructure. In lieu of Bachelor's degree, a combination of education and experience equaling 12 years is required. Demonstrated leadership skills required. Demonstrated high quality oral, written and presentation communication skills; interpersonal and people management skills; and demonstrated experience in project management. Experience in the development, integration, and support of information and communication systems applications, distributed and mainframe environments, network architecture and sub-systems, distributed and mainframe server architectures cross platform interfaces. Experience in information systems methodologies, systems guidelines and architectures, and technologies. Overall understanding of the company's organizational and operating structure. Familiarity with business units supported by I/S and the services they deliver. Thorough understanding of I/S deliverables, including Infrastructure and applications. Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVNGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVNGS employees.
Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
1) Leads the day-to-day activities of a team in the delivery and maintenance of quality information and communication systems solutions to support Pinnacle West business processes that conform to I/S guidelines and architectures. Ensures 7/24 client support for computer and telecommunications systems consistent with client service agreements and expectations. Ensures preferred technical architecture and business requirements are balanced to provide effective information and communication systems solutions, sound architecture, and cross-system integration objectives.
2) Leads the team in the resolution of technical issues by identifying, recommending and implementing appropriate solutions.
3) Manages work group costs within approved budget. Continually works to improve department work processes.
4) Supports unit level strategic plans that align with corporate and Information Technology plans. Supports client planning process and prioritization for systems technology implementation. Assigns, directs, facilitates, reviews and approves unit work activities to ensure effectiveness and productivity of the work unit. Maintains knowledge and understanding of business processes. Leads work activities to meet client expectations.
5) Develops and retains a highly skilled technical team by implementing performance management program and ensuring staff has the technical and business skills to support the objectives of the organization. Develops team and guides their efforts to continually improve the delivery of system solutions. Provides feedback, coaching and training and development opportunities to create a high performing team.
Job ID 20170809