Live-In House Manager, Direct Care (Special Needs)
Less than 5 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
- Bachelors degree from an accredited program with specialized training, and/or a minimum of one year's experience in working with the developmentally disabled; and/or any combination of education, experience or training deemed appropriate by the Administrator
- A current and valid Pennsylvania driver's license
Allegheny Valley Schools/NHS is currently seeking a Live-In House Manager to join our NHS IDD in our Harrisburg location.
This position is Enhanced Pay Eligible!!! Successful applicants have the option to receive an additional $2/hr for all hours paid!
With a rich tradition spanning almost 50 years, NHS is at the forefront of providing care and services to people with special needs. Today NHS, through its subsidiaries, is a leading provider of community-based, non-profit education and human services. More than 10,000 employees provide care to almost 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, and Michigan. NHS has developed a unique continuum of care providing services in the areas of mental health, addictive diseases, education, foster care and permanency, autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and many more specialized programs.
WHAT NHS HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
New!! -- we have the compensation and benefits package that will meet your individual needs!! You choose between "Enhanced Pay" or "Enhanced Benefits"!!
Depending on your needs and/or the needs of your family, you choose between higher pay (and a full range of base benefits) or unbelievable benefits (and competitive pay)!! You will be free to choose from:
"Enhanced Pay" -- Competitive wage + an additional $2.00 per hour for all hours worked. Option to select a base medical plan + a full range of company paid benefits.
- "Enhanced Benefits" -- Competitive wage + an option to select from 4 comprehensive medical plans for you and your family where 70%-100% of the premiums are paid by NHS. Also includes a full range of additional company paid benefits.
Additional company paid benefits include: Paid vacation, personal, sick and holiday time; Retirement plan with company match; Employee referral bonuses; Tuition reimbursement; Free life insurance and short-term & long-term disability insurance; Discounts on multiple items to include cars, cell phone plans, computers etc.; and much more!!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The position of MR Residential House Manager is an entry level, direct care supervisory position.
- Under the guidance of the Program Specialist the House Supervisor will provide for the safety and well-being of each resident within the home and facilitate community involvement/interaction in cooperation with residents, staff, consultants and administration.
- Responsibility to residents includes: provision of framework for an enjoyable learning experience in a family setting and provision of the skills, information, guidance, supervision and training necessary to foster growth and development.
- Toward this end, the House Manager will facilitate implementation of general and specific household and individual routine/programming while serving as a positive role model for the resident population as well as Residential Program Workers.
- House Managers will be required to "live-in". House Managers must be available on all shifts to privode proper training supervision of staff.