Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dell Boomi is expanding our team with our newest location in Cambridge, MA.
We are the recognized leader for the fourth year in a row in iPaas, disciplined agile, and lean software development practices, we combine a Silicon Valley culture, modern development approach, and infrastructure with the organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping customers move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. Our methodology is about continuous improvement, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 500+ employees worldwide subscribe to a culture of collaboration. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world integrates solutions.
You love shipping features, but know that well factored code is what lets you keep shipping features in the long run. Maybe you get antsy writing code without tests, or perhaps you’re a large-scale system operator interested in leveling-up your coding skills. You refuse to take short-cuts and are vocal when you see a better way to solve a problem. Either way, you judge your success by the success of your team; you are interested in learning about integration platform as a service (iPaas) and you are excited to work collaboratively on cutting edge technology. In the end, you understand that it’s not about delivering code, but about delivering solutions.
At Dell Boomi, we transform how the world performs application integrations, and we are opinionated about how software should be built. We work hard to deliver powerful, intuitive capabilities so customers can drastically accelerate their time to value. Our engineers work in an agile environment on small teams, but feel empowered to collaborate with the entire organization.
We believe in working at a sustainable pace – you’ll typically code hard for 8 hours each day, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge, and refocus. Twice a year we switch gears and get working on Project Greenlight. A week-long Hack-a-Thon where Boomi engineers work on innovative projects of their own design with awards ranging from “Most Innovative” to “Most Likely to be Released to Production”. If you can imagine it, then you can build it.
- Be a key part of the full product development lifecycle of software applications offered by Boomi
- Investigate and resolve complex customer issues
- Responsible for design, development and unit testing of the Boomi products including enhancements and/or resolution of any issues that may be reported
- Recommend best practices and techniques to customers
- Research, validate and recommend key technology decisions for the core platform and other customer facing offerings
- Mentoring of other Boomi engineers, including design collaboration and code reviews
- Be an active member of an Agile team, collaboratively realizing features through development, test, and delivery
- Work independently with a moderate level of guidance from engineering management
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 2 to 10+ years of commercial experience in software development using the Java programming language (we are open to filling at all experience levels from SWE to Principal SWE), including the use of some IDE with a solid understanding of object oriented design concepts for delivering and maintaining a software product
- Experience in architecting and implementing highly scalable, high throughput web applications and backend systems
- Technical understanding of SQL, JDBC, XML, Servlets, and Hibernate
- Knowledge of SOA concepts is required
- Technical understanding of Web Services technologies including REST, SOAP and WSDL is required
- Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like Git is required
- Knowledge of RIA technologies, especially GWT is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Work experience with an enterprise software or web company is important