Coordinates the acquisition, installation, configuration, and on-going maintenance of the Unix and mid-range computing platforms including systems capacity planning and budget recommendations. Position requires an in-depth knowledge of Unix and mid-range computing, security and design concepts. May lead team participation on organizational projects and initiatives. Mentors other team members and provides technical expertise to support organizational requirements.
- Develops and maintains recovery strategies for systems infrastructure. Develops, tests, implements, and documents procedures to ensure that recovery strategies support our business resumption planning goals.
- Maintains the security of systems infrastructure in compliance with established policies and standards. Provides and maintains documented procedures ensuring appropriate systems access. Provides system audit logs to facilitate auditing requirements.
- Develops architectural standards for systems infrastructure.
- Identifies gaps in processes and services offered and recommends solutions to manager and team.
- Analyzes computing needs based on customer requirements and organizational direction to facilitate research and recommendations for cost effective hardware and software solutions.
- Install and maintains all systems infrastructure hardware, software, and services in compliance with established architectural standards.
- Monitors, reports and manages performance of systems infrastructure or applications and services as required.
- Troubleshoots all systems infrastructure issues including database backups, disaster recovery and business continuity solutions. Participates in an on-call rotation for systems support.
- Perform or installs upgrades/patches to assigned Operating Systems, systems software, tools, networked components and applications as required by vendor partners.
- Trains and mentors other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BachelorDegree in Computer Science or a related field; may substitute equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a System Administrator with one or more UNIX operating systems such as AIX (preferred), HP-UX or Linux.
- Experience with performing Operating System and software installations and upgrades preferred.
- Experience with performance monitoring and tuning tools preferred.
- Experience with the creation of object definitions for TCP’s, Servers, Programs, Terminals and Spoolers preferred.
- Experience supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting enterprise level backup domains.
- Clinical or healthcareexperiencepreferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Maintain system configurations in a way that minimizes customer disruption and downtime.
- In-depth knowledge regarding the implementation of High Availability (HA) clustering technologies, backup solutions and Disaster Recovery measures.
- Knowledge of EMC Networker, Avamar, Data Domain or a similar data de-duplication technology
- Knowledge of monitoring environment and configuration.
- In-depth knowledge regarding the implementation of High Availability technologies, backup solutions and Disaster Recovery measures and/or In-depth knowledge of EMC Replication Manager and RecoverPoint.
- Ability to work independently in an environment with multiple work demands and focus on detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
Req ID: 155032