Overview of Position
The Production Manager will be responsible for day-to-day production within the Production Department. Supervises motivates, and supports the staff daily, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. Production Manager oversees all production activities along with performing essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service. The Production Manager is responsible for adequate scheduling of personnel to ensure production is maintained with the support of HR. Production Manager will be highly organized, analytically minded and solidly committed to safety and quality. As the Production Manager and the leader of the Production Team, you are accountable for meeting the department production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in meeting the company-wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that make possible attractive financial returns so that the company may continue to provide our excellent service to our customers and ensure job security and career growth for our staff. Maintain a positive department attitude and ensure that all employees under your supervision are aligned with the company goals. You and your team are responsible for supporting the company vision and mission.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
General and Administrative
- Supervise the Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs and, when necessary, reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
- Comply with all OSHA safety requirements
- Communicate effectively with the Site Plant Manager, the Sales Team, and the Production Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that production, sales, and customer objectives are met.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company manuals.
- Meet all customer commitments through the production of timely, efficient and high quality products
- Assures all work entered into production follows the order entry standards and procedures
- Organize workflow according to workload to meet delivery schedule and to complete assigned jobs.
- Oversee all foreman, staffingscheduling, time off requests and overtime.
- Monitor quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all orders to ensure customer commitments are met through production of high quality material that meets customer delivery expectations.
- Ensure staff has the resources, software applications and information to perform their duties
- Ensure the completion of all duties with a minimum of waste and abuse to equipment.
- Ensure Production employee safety training is conducted as required by Company Policy
- Take all necessary actions to manage productions costs and improve profitability.
- Inform Operations/Plant Manager of material, equipment and production problems
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure the maintenance and housekeeping.
- Ensures compliance with company standards for safety, budget, pricing, coaching, cost control, and waste reduction
- Comply with all OSHA Safety requirements and responsible for safe operations
- Manage and motivate production operations through subordinates and supervisor to ensure quality and improvement activities to expedite productivity and quality product
- Responsible for developing and implementing programs, employee trainings and procedures in accordance with corporate and divisional policies as directed by the Operations and Site Plant Manager.
- Ensure and communication that all production planning is produced according to schedule and ensures all work that is entered into production follows the standards and procedures.
- Maintain production control records and provide information to Sales Manager and Senior Management with regard to delivery dates, schedules, and operating problems
- Monitor quality and ensure customer commitments are met through production of high quality material that meets customers’ expectations
- Develop, coordinate and conduct monthly foreman’s meeting and ¼ employees meetings to communicate department or general information to employees in regards to safety, quality, production and corporate/plant policy with the support of HR.
- Initiate hiring when needed to cope with expanding workload or for replacement of substandard employees.
- Provide a positive, motivating example for employees.
- Conduct training or authorize training of production employees
- Conduct formal annual performance reviews for foreman and oversee hourly employee’s annual review per company policy
- Initiate disciplinary measures according to company policy when needed
- 4 Shift Supervisors
- 4 Lead Operators
- Production Department
Qualification/Education and/or Experience: Minimum requirements for education and experience are listed below. Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- 2years of post-secondary education, diploma or trade certificate would be an asset
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in a supervisory/management capacity
- Minimum of 10 years working in the Warehousing/Manufacturing extrusion industry
- Knowledge of industry principles such as lean manufacturing, six sigma methodologies, and Total Quality Management would be an asset
- Experienced in conflict resolution and communication skills with the ability to communicate both verbal and written with all levels of management.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to coach, train and mentor
- Able to multi-task and display a high level of Company/Team spirit in a fast paced environment with proven time management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented coupled with proven sense of urgency and ability to balance priorities
- Have the sense of commitment, strong leadership, social skills, excellent work ethics and professionalism in communication with superiors, peers, and plant employees
- Proficient computer skills for Word, Outlook, Power Point Excel and SAP an asset
- Ability to work occasional longer hours as dictated by our customer’s volume demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and seldom lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. 75% of the time may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety boots. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators.
Job Type: Full-time