Wedgewood Care Center is a beautiful community in Grand Island, NE, with more than 70 units offering skilled nursing care.
At this time, we are seeking a Food and Beverage Director to join our team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages food supplies and personnel to ensure that operations for areas of responsibility are performed efficiently within established budget and in compliance with local, state and federal health regulations and Five Star policies, procedures and quality standards.
Supervises department employees which includes:
- Assumes responsibility for recruiting, selecting, orientation and training competent department personnel
- Evaluates employee performance and makes recommendations to the Executive Director concerning wage and salary adjustments, hiring, terminations and transfers. Monitors and corrects job performance of employees through progressive discipline.
- Ensures all employee paperwork, evaluations, payroll, and documentation is completed in a timely manner and reviewed/approved by the Executive Director before proceeding.
- Schedules department working hours, personnel, and work assignments to maintain quality service. Receives call outs and finds replacements for absent staff. Authorizes overtime as necessary. Reviews time records. Maintains attendance records.
- Ensures staff turnover is minimized and meets annualized percent goal.
- Educational preparation at a level appropriate to assure fulfillment of essential duties.
- Experience and/or training in nutrition, food preparation, safe food handling techniques and food service management required.
- Prefer two (2) years of food service supervisory experience in a restaurant setting focusing on food management, cost control and presentation.
- Computer skills are desired for food ordering, email, and report development/tracking.
- Must pass State and Company criminal background check.
Five Star Senior Living, a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating divisions: Five Star Senior Living and Five Star Rehabilitation Services. The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 260 senior living communities across the United States and is one of the country's largest providers of quality retirement living in the nation offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Five Star Rehabilitation Services include outpatient rehabilitation, day programs, and respite/short stay options.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.