McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean is aggressively looking to hire a Steam Team Subject Matter Expert (SME) who will:
- Conduct training with the ships force on how to assess material readiness, providing instruction on conducting repairs, and reporting material readiness assessments in compliance with existing instructions.
- Engineeringsupport includes LTT, CERW CERTS, ATG and Squadron visit coordination for work with the Crew in regards to any waterfront requirements (before and after move aboard).
- Provide shipboard training in Maintenance and Material Management (3M) operations, shipboard Tag-Out system and use of eSOMS (Electronic Shift Operations Management System), and execution of ship life cycle events (Light Off Assessment, Inspection Survey (INSURV), major overhauls, etc.).
- Identify and recommend maintenance items requiring CASREP or Type Assist (T/A) 1 work assignments and identify T/A 4 (TA 4 jobs are those work items that are ships force capable of repair) and Non T/A 4 jobs
- Identify and provide recommendations for required repair parts. After approval, generate maintenance ready Automatic Work Requests (AWRs) for material discrepancies for approval and inclusion in the ships CSMP and provide recommendations for repair prioritization.
- Be able to develop and provide a Government-owned, tailored curriculum for use in a ship specific classroom training setting. Course material shall be developed utilizing Navy Technical Manuals and associated Tactical Memos and instructions pertaining to Steam Engines and Steam Generators, as well as utilizing technical documentation pertaining to the duties/responsibilities for Engineman rated personnel.
- Demonstrate the ability to train ship’s force Sailors based on a tailored curriculum and supplement with up to two weeks of deck plate training, in port or at sea.
- Experience with the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Navy ships Current Ship Maintenance Project (CSMP) database and Preventive Maintenance System (PMS).
- An active Secret clearance is required to start work
- Must have a have experience to mirror that of the senior enlisted engineer on Steam (LHD) propulsion system, demonstrating relevant shipboard experience within the past 5years.
- Must have at least 15years of hands on experience to include multiple sea tours as Engineering Officer of the Watch, Engineering Division Leading Chief, and Engineering Work Center Supervisor over the course of a career.
- Must have been designated by a ship’s Commanding Officer to receive Special Duty Assignment Pay (SDAP) as a Top Snipe.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.