POSITION TITLE: Senior Software Engineer II
- Design and develop network protocol software.
- Implement deep packet inspection on Intel and Cavium platforms.
- Implement protocol inspection for SSL, IPSec, and other encryption types.
- Develop security analysis algorithms at the network layer using C programming.
- Perform analysis of customer issues and provide problem resolution.
- Review designs and implementations of other engineers and provide feedback.
- BSCS, BSCE, or related, or equiv., plus
- 5 years of software engineering experience in networking domain, including 4 yrs. network protocol analysis programming in C.
- 5 yrs. must include: 1) thorough grasp of network protocols such as IPv4, IPv6, ARP, ICMP and expertise in Layer 4 protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, and DNS, 2) demonstrated abilities in SSL and encryption, 3) demonstrated knowledge of Perforce, defect tracking, software design lifecycle, software system design, 5) familiarity with traffic generators and analytic tools, i.e. Wireshark, 6) familiarity with Linux 7) knowledge ofPython.
A little about us
Core Values: Ixia's Core Values are posted at every Ixia site in every location. Ixia employees use these values to guide their interactions with internal and external customers. The Ixia Way: Wow our customers! Trust, respect, and develop our people! Listen and be open! Be passionate courageous, and decisive! Win with teamwork and collaboration! Celebrate excellence!