Our Sales team has an opportunity available for a Regional Sales Manager. In this position you will be responsible for building adoption of Genomind testing services with clinicians and hospitals/clinics treating mental health disorders in a specified sales region. Specific clinician targets are psychiatrists, neurologists, primary care physicians, and nurse practitioners. The RSM represents Genomind and the Genecept Assay to potential customers through face to face meetings, industry networking, and new market/customer opportunities. The RSM will be able to communicate clinical and scientific aspects of Genecept Assay as well as educate clients on issues regarding billing and reimbursement, sample preparation and submission workflow. The RSM will also partner with Account Management on continual account maintenance and service of clients. Candidates must reside within the Boston area.
- Identify, educate, and gain adoption of the Genecept Assay and other Genomind services with commercial opportunities in assigned sales region. This would also include psychiatrists, neurologist, primary care physicians, and nurse practitioners in both individual practices and larger institutions.
- Maximize testing volume within sold accounts at all times.
- Markets Genomind by attending industry and/or business conference where company can contact potential clients in need of testing services.
- Identifies and build relationships with key opinion leaders in assigned market.
- Utilizes CRM and other assigned technologies for internal sales management.
- Partners with marketing team to develop and execute upon lead generation activities and collateral development.
- Partners with Account Management to transition “sold” accounts to account manager for retention and growth cycle of relationship.
- Proactively stays educated on news, trends, and emerging technologies in the psychiatric, behavioral health, and pharmacogenomics/personalized medicine space
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Biology or related discipline or equivalent sales experience.
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in both the marketing and sales of healthcare related products or services in the clinical laboratory industry or related field. Experience in sales to psychiatrists or other clinicians who treat Behavioral Health issues and hospitals. Proven track record of sales success required. Pharmacogenomics experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and successful application of consultative selling skills in a direct to clinician commercial selling environment.
- Proven experience in building and growing a sales region including territory management, lead generation, and sizing and prioritization of opportunities.
- Ability to learn and effectively communicate complex scientific/clinical information within psychiatry and pharmacogenomics.
- Ability to represent the customer to both internal peers and external vendors so that all understand both customer needs and expectations.
- Flexibility/Adaptability to handle working in an early growth stage company environment. Ability to build new processes and learn new skills quickly.
- Knowledge and willingness to work within a CRM system such as Salesforce.com.
Genomind offers a competitive benefits program including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid annual leave
- Holiday leave
- 401(k) savings/retirement plan
- Continuing education assistance
- Community service program
- Employee assistance program