The aggressively growing storage solutions division of the Midwest's leading consultative technology partner, AOS is looking toexpand our family with top-tier talent. This position in the greater Springfield Missouri or Little Rock , Arkansas area and is a Systems Engineer with EMC , VCE, and Isilon experience , as well as a VMware skill set.
A Data Center/Storage Engineer at AOS will possess:
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise storage systems, replication technologies and DR architectures
- Strong technical knowledge of virtualization solutions
- Strong knowledge of Back and Recovery solutions
- Strong knowledge of Data Center server and blade technologies
- Ability to provide professional documentation ( diagrams, specifications, technical requirements, proposals)
- Ability to allocate storage to windows and UNIX servers using EMC tools. Provide reports on storage utilization and uptime of the storage arrays and servers attached to SAN.
- Coordinate with client management to formulate complex technical solutions. Informs client management ofappropriate developments in technical support products.
- Must be able to allocate storage to servers with EMC tools.
- Oversees, implements, upgrades and troubleshoots EMC systems. Leads the implementation, and maintenance ofcomplex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
- Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- Experience working with VMware and Microsoft products
Product Specific experience:
Must be familiar with and be able to implement multiple products from this list:
- Data Domain
- Required to be certified in each product listed above in order to implement it
- EMCIE certification a plus
- Associate's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, related field, or equivalent professional experience
We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s age.