The Commercial segment is a leading manufacturer of refuse collection vehicles, front and rear discharge concrete mixers, portable and stationary concrete batch plants, field service vehicles, and truck mounted cranes. All backed by 24/7 support, our segment’s brands consist of McNeilus, CON-E-CO, London Machinery, and IMT. Oshkosh Commercial leads it's industries in both innovation & quality.
Oshkosh Commercial is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
This position is responsible for coordinating all new product design and development projects, customer orders, and continuous improvement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead engineering projects for the product line.
2. Review and approve all new drawings and changes.
3. Identify areas for improvement on the product line and implement corrective changes.
4. Analyze the mechanical aspects of product line to ensure a reliability and durability.
5. Coordinate with sales and marketing to develop new products and components.
6. Oversee the engineering change notice process.
7. Review warranty data and provide root cause analysis of warranty issues.
8. Provide leadership to designers and drafters.
9. Provide support to manufacturing when introducing a new product or with continuous improvement.
10. Coordinate with service on any technical service issues.
11. Support implementation of ERP system applications.
12. Travel to customer sites as needed to verify or validate product design issues.
13. All other duties and responsibilities that are reasonably assigned by the employer or its designee.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree
5-plus years related experience in a manufacturing environment
Strength of materials and material selection
Familiar with Bills of Materials and their function in manufacturing
2D CAD Skills (AutoCAD Preferred)
Effective PC and system application skills
Heavy mobile equipment background
3D CAD Skills (CATIA or Solidworks Preferred)
Ability to manage people
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Ability to motivate people
Ability to interface with customers and salesmen
Ability to create, maintain, and meet deadlines
Ability to give public presentations
Effective written and oral communication
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.