Project Manager - NetSuite Project Manager
This position leads the overall project.
The candidate MUST possess strong leadership skills, and not simply be an administrator or manager.
Business acumen is also a MUST versus possessing only technical skills.
The project manager leads and drives consulting, client, and subcontractor teams to deliver to the desired business objectives for the project.
The position requires a combination of soft leadership skills, project management acumen, Industry and functional knowledge, as well as technical knowledge.
• Prior ERP implementation and Industry (aligned with the specific project) experience
• Experience leading projects involving process definition, process improvement and business transformation
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, especially Executive communication, but also to individual client, consulting, subcontractor team members
• Understanding of IT processes for software configuration, software development, software integration, infrastructure processes
• Ability to conduct impact analysis on medium complex problems, and recommend options/solutions
• Experience with all PM processes (project schedule, financial management, issue/risk management, resource management)
-Able to build and manage deliverables-based or iteration-based plans (i.e. Agileexperience); independently and proactively manages risks, issues, status, and escalation
-Mastered retroactively and proactively identifying and determining month-to-month and EAC effort variances
-Strong working knowledge of project financial management, including planning, estimating, budgeting, and tracking of project finances
-Can identify opportunities for improvement to the project delivery process, recommends, and drives implementation of solutions
- A Leader, not an Administrator
• BS/BA Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience
• MBA preferred or equivalent working experience
• 3+ years of project management experience
• Professional Certificates: PMI/PMP, Agile Leadership Network, Agile Alliance, SCRUM Alliance
• Negotiating skills across project teams and vendors; coaches others
• Demonstrated ability managing results, follow-through, managing schedule, resources, overcoming obstacles to achieve outcomes
• Ability to resolve team conflicts
• Skilled in matrix management
Project Managers take full responsibility for managing a project or program.
They normally manage a number of related streams or activities to achieve a desired business result, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction.
Project Managers are responsible for the project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization.
A Project Manager usually has technical expertise in one or more other domains (e.g. a Project Manager with testing skills could perform a test manager function).