The Manager of Mortgage Operations is responsible for managing the operations side of the Secondary Market Mortgage Department including processing, closing, quality control, and compliance. The Manager of Mortgage Operations will work very closely with the Manager of Mortgage Lending, Chief Underwriter, National Sales Manager, IT Manager and Secondary Market Manager to ensure all processes and procedures are compliant, efficient as possible, and provide superb customer service in all markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with formulating and maintaining procedures, policies and guidelines to assure that the Company’s operations are current with secondary market and investor requirements and guidelines.
- Coordinates with all processing and closing managers to insure consistency of processes.
- Coordinates all quality control reviews with the vendor, and follow-up with sales and operations to insure processes are updated to reflect changes driven by quality control findings
- Works closely with the bank’s Compliance and Audit departments to insure the Secondary Market department operates in a consistently compliant manner.
- Keeps ongoing communication of department, transaction status and results with senior management.
- Ensures all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
- Responsible, along with the IT Manager for the department’s HMDA reporting responsibilities – insuring accurate and timely reporting.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financialreports and/or legal documents
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients and other employees in the organization
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degreepreferred
- 5-8years’ industry experience relevant to secondary market processing, closing and compliance management
- MS Office programs
About Simmons Bank
For over 110 years, we’ve been dedicated to helping people and businesses achieve their financial goals. Today, Simmons Bank has approximately $14 billion in assets along with over 2,500 associates located in communities throughout Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. We’re growing! In fact, Fortune magazine recently listed Simmons as the 62nd fastest growing company in the U.S. Our growth has led to some amazing career opportunities. There’s never been a better time to join our team – a team dedicated to working together, high integrity, passion for all we do, and a commitment to high performance and personal and professional growth. If these cornerstones of company culture appeal to you, let’s talk!
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance policies.
Requisition ID 2017-2500