Director, Marketing ( Corporate and Foundations )
8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
The Director, C&F Marketing is primarily responsible for developing and executing the Go-To-Market strategy for assigned vertical. This includes creating the market definition, value proposition, buyer profiles, packaging and offer creation, as well as sales enablement tools that ensure increased market share and customer retention.
- Develop and Execute the “Go to Market” strategy to achieve growth objectives for your vertical
- Create strategic marketing plan for assigned vertical include market sizing, segmentation, key plays and strategies for increasing market share and retaining/expanding existing customers.
- Oversee the sizing and definition of market segments, understand the competitive dynamics of targeting, positioning, pricing, packaging and differentiation for assigned portfolio.
- Oversee packaging and pricing decisions for assigned vertical.
- Translate the positioning framework into actionable plans across the vertical with measureable results. Ensure consistent view of vertical and solid understand of each buying persona and the corresponding solutions to meet their needs.
- Leverage deep understanding of key market segment strategies and the needs of our customers to establish a winning position assigned vertical within the competitive landscape.
- Collaborate closely with Demand Generation to ensure sufficient volume of opportunities to meet sales objectives.
- Ensure the design and create consistent sales toolkits for assigned portfolio to increase win rate.
- Oversee content management of sales collateral for portfolio – and ensure effectiveness and consistency in messaging, and assessing the types of effective collateral
- Ensure Partnership with Sales Enablement and Customer Success for front line sales and customer communications - partner across sales, solutions engineers, and marketing in ensuring effective communications that drive results.
- Ensure leverage value proposition in developing content for: product differentiation presentations, competitor information, needs analysis, case studies, web content, and ROI benefits.
- Empower internal stakeholders; influence external nonprofit decision makers, partners, and thought leaders
- Represent comprehensive view of opportunities and challenges for vertical to stakeholders across the business, including executives.
- Effectively engage Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Partners, and Customer Success; liaise across various organizational levels to ensure the overall success of assigned vertical in the market.
While leveraging your reputation as a senior ‘market expert’ to partner with senior leadership and guide the short and long-term agenda for assigned vertical you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring internal and external stakeholders are armed with: value/differentiation presentations, pitch decks, demonstrations, call scripts, case studies, web content, white papers, ROI modeling.
- Ensuring that the organization is effectively equipped and collaboratively educated on our strategy to enable full achievement of revenue goals.
- Ensuring strong partnership and collaboration with Demand Generation, Product Marketing, and DigitalMarketing teams to design and deliver lead generation initiatives across multiple vehicles
- Ensuring a keen understanding of the competition, buyer needs, industry influencers and decision makers while possessing the ability to effectively communicate internally and externally
Your KPIs will include:
- Market share
Experience and Skills Needed:
- 7-10 years of software Product Marketingexperience and/or specific vertical expertise
- Experience and a track record of driving adoption, growth and results
- BS/BA required, MBA advantageous
- Strong problem solving, analytical and mental acuity
- Business savvy with proven ability to develop, promote, and execute a business development plan
- Exceptional ability to write and create product content; able to write quickly and concisely for non-technical audiences; writing samples required
- Proven influencing skills with top executives, working cross-functionally and with clients/prospects
- Self starter, creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- Strong affinity for sales team success, prior salesexperience a plus
- Proven marketplace relationship building skills with industry influencers, pivotal clients
- Proven record of thriving in fast-paced and matrixed environment
- Experience working in the foundations and corporate social responsibility industry is preferred
- Experienced with salesforce.com or similar CRM, web conferencing tools, expert-level proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Prior experience working with nonprofit software or services providers
- Experience working for or volunteering with a nonprofit or nonprofit board experience