St. Vincent’s Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s East, St. Vincent’s St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent’s Ambulatory HealthcareNetwork, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
The Unit Manager leads and directs services, workflow and resources for assigned nursing area.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives consistent with medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the health care delivery system.
- Directs clinical activities, including patient assessment, care plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and complaint management.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares and monitors budget(s) and ensures that assigned nursing area operates within allocated funds. Coordinates and directs internal and externally-driven audits.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's LevelDegree
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required within 2 years of job start date
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required
- Four years of nursing experiencerequired.