The Senior Manager, Strategy & Executive Insights works closely with select Managing Directors (MD) within TD Ameritrade Institutional to drive strategic conversations, enable our leaders to hear directly from our clients through panels and bring tailored executive support to each leader.
This role is responsible for:
- Engaging the Managing Director of Sales and the Managing Director of Product (and their teams) in the strategic planning process, interfacing with the overall planning team and synthesize the results into a compelling strategic ‘story’ to share with others
- Planning and execution of all Advisor Client Panel meetings
- Offering the MD of Sales and MD of Product a menu of executive support services that is tailored based on the needs and priorities of each leader. Services included, but not limited to: Leader Preparation, Thought Partnership, Managing Special Projects, Managing Meetings, Industry Research & Competitive Benchmarking and being a Resource Broker for other areas within the firm
- Success in this role requires the ability to easily engage with members of the executive team, providing white glove service to the EVP and MDs, while also interacting with business partners and members of the Analysis team to ensure a comprehensive and accurate result
- Lead the Sales and Product leadership teams in the development of Institutional’s strategic plan ensuring consistency and alignment against our strategic pillars
- Partner with other members of the Planning & Executive Insights team throughout the planning process
- Partner with business, finance and analytics to accurately forecast results, FTE and budget requests for Sales and Product
- Develop strategy pitch to the President of Institutional for new initiatives and department objectives
- Drive agenda, engaging content, logistics for Product and Sales team strategy sessions
- Prep materials, compile notes and document decisions for Product and Sales strategy sessions
- Create presentations for the MD of Product and MD of Sales to use in various settings such as town halls, team or department off sites, etc.
- Produce, on a recurring basis, business review decks and reports
- Introduce new modules and content to existing decks and reporting packages as needed to spotlight results highlights, new strategic areas of focus, etc.
- Ensure deliverables are on-time, accurate and understandable given the executive audience
- Engage in proactive and reactive internal consulting studies on targeted topics and themes to support future business planning efforts and strategic decisions
- Review business results, industry trends, competitive benchmarking, voice of the client and voice of the associate to synthesize various information sets to support or challenge a hypothesis/ problem or opportunity statement
- Create provocative, thoughtful presentation decks to communicate key findings and considerations/ discussion items to EVP and MD-level audiences
- Engage with TDA-wide partners to collaborate on information gathering and insights where appropriate (Retail, Active Trader, M&A/ Business Development)
- Ad hoc benchmarking of various product offerings vs. competitors to understand areas of relative strength and weakness for TDAI
- Partner across the Business Strategy & Executive Insights team to funnel recommendations/ approved actions into Institutional’ s overall strategic planning efforts
- Lead the TDAI Advisor Panel meetings and ongoing sub-committees
- Provide readouts and updates to the EVP and MDs on a regular basis
- Work with leaders to understand what executive support services are desired based on the needs and priorities of each leader. Deliver those services – either from the associate themselves or other colleagues within TD Ameritrade
- Proven ability interfacing with executives including a tailored communication style, the aptitude to work with limited instructions and ability to anticipate needs.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to anticipate and proactively communicate accordingly. Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex information into simple, easy to understand messages
- Facilitation expertise with proven ability to work with different styles and personality types
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Consulting experience and/or project management experiencepreferred
- Building financial models, experience with budgeting/forecasting a plus
- Experience with focus groups/ surveys a plus