Opportunity at a Glance
The Center Dean contributes to overall financial performance of the group by facilitating effective operations of a Center within the Group. The Center Dean, who reports to the Campus Dean, has dotted line oversight for colleagues located at the Center and direct leadership of Operations support. The Center Dean contributes to driving business and student results through building and maintaining partnerships within the community. The role of the Center Dean is summarized into three key areas: Business development, Student Care and Campus operations. This leader is charged with being a role model for our University TEACH values and fosters a culture of CARE consistent with our University mission, vision, and purpose.
Campus Operations and Student Care:
- Facilitates student success by executing the short and long-term group strategic plans.
- Serves as the main point of contact for students, ensuring a positive studentexperience with the ultimate goal of high student engagement.
- Leads the Campus Operations Support team comprised of 3 direct reports on average and manages the attraction, retention, performance, and development of all Operations Support colleagues. Indirectly responsible for the attraction, retention, engagement, performance, and development of all colleagues on campus.
- Provides local oversight of processes, internal controls, and performance management to ensure organizational policy adherence and regulatory compliance.
- Communicates and facilitates the implementation of the Home Office technology, service and product related initiatives.
- Maintains high-quality facilities and infrastructure serving as Campus Incident Commander.
- Develops a high performing matrix structured team what unites around the common goal of student, campus, Group and university success
- Facilitates and ensures that quality student CARE is provide inside and outside of the classroom.
Community Business Development and Workforce Solutions:
- Builds and fosters strong relationships with the local community including local and state regulators, community organizations, colleges and universities, and DVG partner institutions
- Utilizes a database of local organizations to conduct outreach.
- Facilitate presentations to potential students on the benefits of pursuing higher education at the conclusion of the presentation collect inquires.
- Compliantly enter received inquiries into SalesForce and route to the Admissions team
- Remain current on all DeVry University programs and with business trends and initiatives within the surrounding metropolitan area
- Identify opportunities, in partnership with the Managers of Partner Engagement, to present all Workforce Solution programs to local businesses
- Facilitates and ensures that quality student CARE is provided inside and outside of the classroom.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge.
- Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal.
- Sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress and results.
- Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results.
- Can simplify complex processes.
Energy & Drive:
- Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging.
- Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning.
- Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility.
- Technical Learning
- Decision Quality
- Directing Others
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Motivating Others
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors required, master’s degreepreferred.
- At least four years of relevant experiencerequired.
- Multi-site or remote management required; experience in a regulated environment preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in post-secondary education administration and colleague management.
Job ID 2017-92673