Fastly is looking for a Sr. Director of Product Management to join our Product team. In this role, you will be shaping (and delivering!) the future of edge cloud computing.
You will lead a team responsible for product strategy, lifecycle management and execution of the the core edge platform and applications. Strong judgment and communication skills, deep technical skills and continuous focus on product, engineering and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role.
You will be required to hire and develop great people. You will be expected to have relentlessly high standards (and never be satisfied with the status quo) and deliver a delightful experience to our customers. Eventually you will be the product expert on all customer-facing systems & functionality. You will drive the strategy and roadmap process with executives, founders & the company. You should also be able to execute methodically, have the ability to dive deep and never be out of touch with the details of the business.
You will be measured by the overall performance of our products, which will include; product performance, stability and strong adoption (& renewal/upsell) by customers. Your passion and ability to influence across different stakeholders is critical to your success.
- Lead world-class product managers and work closely with other partner stakeholders (marketing, merchandising, legal, finance) - providing guidance and direction to achieve the product vision for product launches
- Lead development of the product roadmap for the portfolio
- Work with customers, sales teams, and services teams to identify product use cases and drive key features, enhancements and requirements
- Make feature, schedule and cost trade-offs during product planning, feature implementation and live operation and communicate in real time to key stakeholders.
- Define metrics to ensure product success and drive corresponding requirements to deliver on monitoring and actionability of these metrics
- Partner tightly with the engineering teams to ensure alignment between customer requirements and technology decisions.
- Participate in customer-facing & industry events and user conferences as a product expert/leader
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- 5+ years experience managing teams of product managers.
- 10+ years of relevant product management and leadership experience.
- Experience as a Product Manager for a cloud-based/SaaS product
- Degree in Computer Science a plus, strong technical acumen required
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy who can galvanize the team to follow.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written