As a Product Manager, you will coordinate with product engineering, manufacturing, and research and development to develop products that meet customer’s needs and brand objectives. You will support aggressive profitable growth, build market power, achieving “best in class” cost leadership while enhancing our culture and member capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct competitive product and price analysis to determine product line strengths and weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for use in formulation of 3-year product plans, pricing strategies, and to provide support information to sales training department for use in competitive product training.
• Develop 3-year product and financial strategies and action plans based on market share, trend research, and response to product line strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats according to competitive product and price research.
• Work with market research, sales, and customers to determine and define new product opportunities and enhancements to existing offerings based on market trends and analysis and verification of customer needs.
• Conduct EVA (Economic Value Added) financial assessments on all new product development and enhancement projects to determine financial viability and gain support before proceeding with product development.
• Manage new product development and existing product enhancement projects in cooperation with product engineering, market research, brand communications, and public relations departments according to new product development process procedures.
• Define and communicate scope and pricing of new or enhanced product model offerings and finishes to product engineering, manufacturing operations, and brand communications through the completion of MDSs (Model Number Detail Sheets).
• Work with brand management and public relations departments in supporting development of price guides, print collateral, advertising, public relations, and interactive sales tools by providing pricing, product specifications, feature and benefit, and market/product positioning information.
• Develop and give product presentations in support of information requirements for sales meetings, new product launch public relations press tours and dealer sales training, customer visits to corporate headquarters, and project tollgate approvals.
• Participate in activities as appropriate to ensure the success of the organization.
Experience/EducationRequired and/or Preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field. MBA strongly preferred.
• At least 3 years of brand, product marketing, product engineering, or related experience.
• Experience in an organization dedicated to lean and continuous improvement initiatives preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required and/or Preferred
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proven customer support orientation (internal/external) and superior communication/presentation skills.
• Proven ability to conduct financial analysis and provide financial guidance to aid in making sound decisions.
• Strong team building skills and successful experience interacting across business functions.
• Proven ability to drive change, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, while enhancing our culture and member capabilities.
• Self-motivated and demonstrated passion for success.
Job Req#: 2918010.