Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
The Director, Medical Staff Services:
- Leads the direction and management of the Medical Staff Office in areas of medical staff administration, medical staff education, accreditation and regulatory compliance, facility based credentialing, privileging, performance improvement and information management.
- Participates in Medical Staff department and committee meetings as needed in relation to credentialing.
- Works with Medical Staff officers and departmental chairs regarding required duties to help them consistently perform their functions and assure compliance with the above.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Night and weekend shift differentials
- Generous PTO Plan
- Great medical plans, vision & dental benefits, life & disability benefits, etc.
- 401(k) Plan with 100% match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Consumer discounts
- And many, many more!
- Bachelor's degreerequired, Master's preferred.
- Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) as a Certified Professional Medical Staff Manager (CPMSM) or Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) required.
- Medical terminology and computer knowledge, including word processing and database management.
- 3-5years of progressive responsibility and experience in Medical Staff Services, with 2years of management or office management experiencepreferred.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with physicians, physician office staff, department directors, administration, licensing and regulatory agencies, colleagues, and centralized processing center staff.
- Detail oriented with analytical skills.
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and efficiently.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Knowledge and understanding of CMS and Joint Commission standards, NPDB guidelines, hospital policies and procedures, and general licensing regulations.
Job Code: 00001-60489