Cobham is seeking a Program Management Office Manager that will oversee and manage the comprehensive support services to projects and programs to enable their program/project managers to make decisions based on good quality information. Working as the lead of the PMO team, these services will be provided to several programs/projects concurrently and will include specialisms around planning, finance, commercial and contract analysis and risk management. The experienced candidate will be expected to provide project management office leadership. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Helps create and operates the business Governance Framework around projects including LCM performance
- Functional management of PMO resources
- Tailors LCM and SOF PM to suit local needs
- Contributes to the implementation of new ways of working and methods/tools
- Undertakes Project Health Checks and assures senior managers
- Facilitates workshops on a wide range of PPM topics to provide local coaching
- Manages the workload and resources of the Project Office
- Provides the business with a strategic view of all of its projects
- Recommends the balancing and optimization of resources across the business
- Assists with business prioritization of its projects
- Maintains a pipeline and portfolio plan
- Oversees the reporting of KPI’s and metrics
- Contributes to commercial negotiations, contract variation agreements and claims
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3years’ of experience working in/with project teams
- Experience using Project/ERP/MRP Tools
- Experience working in PMO Management
- Experience with PPM techniques
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience leading a team with responsibility of coaching others
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.