Work as part of Distributed Backup Build Team to build backup system infrastructure, improve backup system performance, and develop new enhancements and services for the Netbackup Infrastructure. Responsible for various upgrades including:
- Tape library, drives and Data Domains.
- Address open VTMs associated with backup environment.
- Coordinate with vendors on issues with software, hardware, or the interaction between the two. Conduct capacity planning and performance analysis of backup infrastructure.
- Respond to and resolve escalated customer-related issues.
- Utilize scripting skills and in-depth knowledge of both Netbackup and Avamar backup software. Provide technical advice and direction to Backup Technicians and Backup Administrators.
- Develop projects to upgrade existing infrastructure or deploy new systems to increase performance or capacity.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’sMission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Ourmissionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- ·3-8 years’ experience in Information Technology in a large distributed data center environment·
- ·5 years professional experience with Veritas NetBackup
- ·2 year professional experience with EMC Avamar
- ·Linux system administration experience
- ·Extensive backup troubleshooting experience
- ·Ability to write scripts in Perl, Bourne Shell, or Korn shell
- ·Experience with IBM 3584 tape libraries and 3592 drives (including Webspecialist)
- ·Experience with EMC Data Domain 880, 890, 990
- ·Experience with Avamar Grids (DS1 – DS12) including an understanding of Replication
- ·Performance monitoring and system tuning experience
- ·Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ·Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required
- ·Exchange backups and Exchange administration
- ·Encryption Technologies
- ·Microsoft Windows administration experience
- ·TCP/IP Network services support experience (DNS, NIS+)
- ·Experience supporting Network firewalls
- ·Storage Area Networks experience (HBA configuration, fibre-channel cabling, Port or WWN zoning, etc.), including EMC SAN experience
- ·Previous professional experience with Network Appliance/NDMP
- ·Experience with Linux, HP/UX, AIX
- ·Previous experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, or Oracle
- ·Previous professional experience with BMC SQL-Backtrack
- ·Experience with HA clustering software
- ·Experience with job scheduling software
- Job ID: 17065281