CH2M’s Orlando, Florida office is looking for a highly motivated environmental engineer with a willingness to work supporting multi-discipline projects including evaluations, site development, water/wastewater facilities, constructed wetlands, environmental remediation, conveyance projects, ports, etc.
This position will primarily support senior level engineers to complete planning/study documents, preliminary design, detailed design, permitting documents, and engineeringreports.
Each day you will be an important team member as you collaborate in multi-discipline team environment in the evaluation, design, coordination, and execution of projects for our clients. Our team is committed to strong mentorship and providing opportunities to work independently and with peers. The candidate should be a self-motivated professional with a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project in our diverse and fast-paced office.
Our Environmental Engineers:
- Work under the supervision of senior level engineers.
- Assist with design and planning for water and wastewater projects, including evaluating alternatives, and performing preliminary/detailed design.
- Conduct engineering analysis: identify problem, develop solution methodology, seek and engage quality control/ quality assurance, interpret results, develop alternative solutions, and present of results.
- Perform a wide variety of routine assignments which are clearly defined and require the application of standard design engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Conduct engineering condition assessments and evaluations.
- Prepare engineering specifications, data management spreadsheets and databases, maps, drawings, and perform calculations in support of engineering activities.
- Perform field activities such as observation of construction activities, as required.
- Work with Excel, GIS, and modeling software.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- At least 6 years of professional experience as an environmental engineer.
- Water experience
- Professional Engineering License.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS, Innovyze InfoWater, AutoCAD/MicroStation, and other modeling software packages.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Master's Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivating, team-oriented work practices, strong data analysis and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS, Innovyze InfoWater, AutoCAD/MicroStation, and other modeling software packages.