Principal Responsibilities :
• Coordinates quoting and contractual processes as they relate to Supply Chain activities.
• Reviews requirements of customer proposals and aligns RFQs (Request for Quotations) to supply base. Develops and assesses supplier responses in accordance with proposal requirements, including completeness, compliance, cost, and other criteria. Provides internal team proposal support.
• Coordinates supplier selection within compliance and procedural requirements. Performs cost or price analysis as needed.
• Creates, issues, and administers requisitions, purchase orders, and sub-contracts – including the negotiation of sub-contract terms for suppliers within proposal and procedural requirements.
• Provides purchasing support for other functional areas.
• Identifies opportunities to improve processes within own workgroup, project or process.
• Proactively communicates with internal functions and suppliers. Keeps others informed of purchasing/quoting status.
• Negotiates teaming, non-disclosure, and other agreements with vendors and sub-contractors.
• Administers supplier set-ups, and maintains supplier databases and vendor records.
• Assures invoicing for supplier payments is in accordance with contractual requirements. Resolves any disconnects.
• Coordinates supplier visits, conference calls, and other communications as required. Fully supports other business functions as an advocate, partner, and resource for vendor contracting and support needs.
• Meets requirements of internal reporting including purchase requisition/order logs, status requests, filing and other responsibilities as requested by management.
• Tracks supplier spend and performance to small business requirements or overall business metrics.
• Oversees documentation required for sub-contractors.
• Applies best practices to all quoting and sub-contracting activities.
• Supports third-party and customer audits.
• Other duties as required.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.