TheSeniorDirector of External Relationswill direct and executecommunications programs designed to improve the reputation and brand ofCincinnati Children's locally, regionally and nationally, through the strategicuse of external news and social media. Successfully build and protect our reputation (issues management and emergencypreparedness). Provide strategic inputto the CEO for his communication priorities and speaking opportunities.
This leader must have a demonstrated track record withexperience in securing significant media coverage for a large, diverseorganization. With excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communicationskills, this Senior Director will supervise experienced staff to producemeasurable results that are aligned with goals. This position requires demonstrated knowledge of public relations,social media, community stakeholders and related issues; also understanding ofthe role of internal communications to enable partnership with management andsupport to the CEO for his internal and external communication needs.
· Demonstratedleadership and ability to successfully deliver in complex organization.
· Abilityto effectively lead/manage through evolving environment (agility, comfort withuncertainty)
· Experiencedefining thought leadership strategies and executing programs for largeorganizations. Experience managing agency resources.
· Demonstratedunderstanding of building and protecting the institutions reputation includingthe communication role of the CEO. Issues and crisis management experiencepreferred.
· Excellentverbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to produce strategicmultimedia communication plans and tactics.
· StaffManagement: demonstrated track record in supervising staff to producemeasureable results that are aligned with goals and great people developer. Drive collaboration acrossdepartments/functions.
· Experiencemeasuring the impact of external communication strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15years of experience managing communication functions
- Experiencesupporting the communication needs of the Executive level leadership
- Demonstrated tenure of progressively responsibleexperience managing media relations and social media communication programs in a large, complex organization. Significant supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Social Media or related disciplines
- Master's Degree
- Experience within healthcare, academic institutions.
- Job Number: 95798