Our client is looking for an entrepreneurial, self-motivated Internet of Things (IOT) Mobile Application Developer with a demonstrated ability to design and develop software solutions to integrate internet connected industrial devices to our client’s customer applications, our client’s applications, and cloud applications. This individual is responsible for integrating smart industrial devices to various applications and data sources to optimize product/device operations and performance.
This role will have impact in differentiating our client and optimizing customer operating environments, by utilizing smart products and industry leading technology to solve and avoid customer problems.
- Develop software solutions for the integration and value enablement of internet connected industrial devices within a cloud platform, including connectivity, data transfer and visualization on mobile or web platforms.
- Support the full software development lifecycle.
- Work with internal stakeholders as well as external development resources to create IoT solutions.
- Keep abreast of industry concepts, products, and design strategies associated with IoT enabled products.
- Participate in stakeholder workshops to develop solutions for connected industrial devices that generate attainable customer value.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other engineering degree with software development experience.
- 3 years plus of front end web development experience.
- 1 year plus of experience with agile development methodologies and storyboarding user experiences.
- Strong UX focus.
- Experience with eliciting requirements from a cross-functional team of stakeholders and documenting them with standardized methodologies is a plus.
- Experience in design thinking, with the ability to guide business users and customers through the process of identifying their needs and determining the user experience that best fits their needs is a plus.
- Experience integrating to external applications using common SOA methodologies such as web services and restful APIs is a plus.
- Experience in Node.js, Node-RED, IBM Watson IoT Platform, IBM API Connect (loopback), Cloudant DB and/or Bluemix is a plus; willing to train
Capabilities and Success Factors
- An ability to operate in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Demonstrated bias towards innovation and new technologies and solutions.
- Customer focus w/ strong problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organization and delivery skills.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Flexibility and situational adaptability; a love for learning new technology or concepts.