Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking a place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as the Best TPA in America and the coveted Employer of Choicedesignation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and, "Claim Your Future." This exciting opportunity offers someone with techinical experience with extensive commercial auto, general/product liability and construction defect claims handling background with strong supervision background the abilty to utilize these skills. The ideal candidate would have experience with interpretation of contacts, coverage issues, tender of defense, indemnification and additional insured language.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To be responsible for the technical and operational functions within assigned office(s) including compliance with company standards and industry best practices; to ensure consistent delivery of quality services including direct operational responsibility of an office in the location where the manager resides; to be responsible for staffing and training needs; and to be responsible for budget preparation and profit and loss management for assigned offices. Has direct and/or indirect responsibility for 50-99 colleagues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overall operations management for all assigned locations/offices.
- Establishes policy and procedures to assure compliance to best practices, claims management services standards, state regulations, and client service requirements.
- Establishes business plan with goals and objectives for the partnership and locations/offices.
- Monitors management reports relating to the partner/office performance.
- Assists with the coordination of sales and client service efforts.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. CPCU, ARM, AIM, and/or AIC certifications preferred. Licenses as required.
Ten (10) years claims management experience including three (3) years prior supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong technical claims knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.