Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
The National Account Manager is responsible for managing and supporting existing National Accounts (Large Farms, Capital Investment Firms and Farm Management Firms with operations in multiple geographical areas or states). Identifying new National Account opportunities, build an ongoing program that supports, acknowledges and tends to the special needs of these Mega Growers and Capital Investment and Management Firms while enhancing the distribution of Valley Irrigation Products with cooperation of local Valley Dealers. Work closely with the sales management team, sales group, order management team and the Valley Dealer Network to ensure communication and success. Report status and progress to Sales management Team at the completion of each quarter. Form new relationships and develop a data base with specific National Account information. Define and develop a strategy to enhance the Valley / Large Grower Relationships and put into action a program that studies, understands and develops long term relationships.
- Develop a professional relationship with National Accounts to promote Valley products and to guarantee that Valley Irrigation and the Valley Dealer exceed the expectations of the customer.
- Ensure the timely and consistent implementation within assigned area of all policies and practices established by Valmont Industries. Provide on a timely and accurate basis the following reports: Weekly Sales Call Reports, Monthly Win-Loss Reports, Monthly Project Report, 3-Month Rolling Sales Forecast (monthly), Weekly Expense Reports, Weekly Itineraries, Product Reports, as well as all otherreports requested.
- Identify candidates from investment companies, large farming corporations and large family farms to become Valley National Accounts.
- Identify the needs of National Accounts and provide value added training as necessary with the assistance of Valley Irrigation personnel in the following categories:
- Electrical and Hydraulic Theory and Application
- Mechanical Equipment Applications
- Basic Computer usage of V2O
- Current Troubleshooting Methods and Theory
- Icon panel operation
- Base Station 3 operation
- Educate on all new Valley products
- Develop effective methods of communication for monitoring and reporting of field problems and solutions to other departments within Valmont to help ensure a prompt response to the needs of the National Accounts.
- Compile data regarding pending litigations as necessary to provide prompt and professional mediation in litigated cases to protect the interests of Valmont Industries and the dealer involved.
- Communicate weekly market trends, competitive movement (including delivery and pricing information), new product innovations, and product improvements which assist in maintaining Valmont's leadership position within the automated sprinkler irrigation industry and other product areas as they develop.
- Maintain constant identification and personal contact of large volume system sales, a current awareness of the relationship between the Dealer and National Accounts, and a predetermined plan of action for procuring such business.
- Compile budgets, expenses and promotional monies.
- Organize sales meetings, conferences and trade shows.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- BachelorDegree or AssociateDegree plus relevant experience
- Minimum seven (7) years of agri-business experience
- Ability to do extensive overnight travel (up to 80%)
- Residency near major airport
- Acceptable attendance and performance record
- Dealer Retailsalesexperiencepreferred
Additional Qualifications (Required):
- Human relation skills, must be able to handle delicate customer and dealer negotiations, using sound judgment in decisions in order to gain customer satisfaction, while protecting the company’s interest.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to clearly and concisely present information to management, dealers and customers
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Preferred Qualifications (Optional):
- Master Degree
- CID (Certified Irrigation Designer) Certificate
- Irrigation industry experience