ARMA Global is seeking a self-starter Configuration Manager that performs work in a small team capacity and can support a dynamic Special Operations customer responsible for the following: Establishes and maintains configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by departmental personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard and cost effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements. Evaluates existing configuration management systems.
Monitors the review of released engineering change data and change accounting activities to ensure adherence to configuration management procedures and policies. Develops configuration management standards, configuration management plans and procedures and implements accordingly. Ensures compliance of configuration management policies. Plans population of the Configuration Management System (CMS), manages the CMS’ central libraries, tools, common codes and data and ensures regular housekeeping of the CMS.
Organizes and implements the process of evaluating performance against established policies and procedures to ensure hardware and documentation integrity is being maintained at the least cost to the company and programs. Tracks and prepares configuration management reports as required. Works with othernetwork professionals as directed to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes. Makes recommendations for CM efficiencies/improvements based on personal observation and knowledge/experience with IT industry best practices. If you have a passion for assisting in the transformation of a Special Operations IT environment with the latest technology and looking for an exciting opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
ITIL intermediate RCV Certification
- Must have a current DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification (Security Plus CE)
- Experience with ITIL Configuration Management (ITSM) practices or similar ANSI/ISO standards
- Experience with managing Software Media Library, Software License database and/or CMDB required
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Service Manager (SCSM) and Cireson required
- Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of change and release management
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Experience working with Coordination with a Tactical Special Operations Command (TSOC) ITSM Area Manager and Project Manager
- Experience with supporting functions identified in a TSOC PWS for the ITSM Service Area
- Experience performing ITSM and Service area functions IAW with guidance from the customer and Site Lead
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Thorough understanding of the assessment, preparation, and implementation of environments and change control activities for complex tasks.
- Excellent business communication skills; Works with others to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes
- Possesses excellent writing and communication skills
- Organizes and implements the process of evaluating performance against established policies and procedures
- Detail oriented and organized
- Responsible for implementing and sustaining Information TechnologyInfrastructure Library (ITIL) practices
- Must have experience monitoring/reporting status of Change Requests (CRs), Discrepancy Reports (DRs) and Request for Changes (RFCs). Relevant experience/skills for successful performance
Improve and maintain Configuration Management process using SCSM
5-8years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.