Job ID: 20170919-10031-JB
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2016, Forbes magazine named Verisk Analytics to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list and to its America’s Best Large Employers list. If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us.
At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work; create a positive, lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advancedtechnologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including thecommunities where we operate.
Verisk's Human Resources team is seeking a seasoned Employee Relations Manager for a diverse range of employee relations activities. In this role you will consult and provide counsel/recommendations to leaders and managers while resolving issues or generalcomplaints. You'll provide education to the manager population on management best practices and investigate complaints and other matters while ensuring a resolution has been met that meets policy and business need. You'll also ensure compliance with employee-related policies, procedures, and local, state and federal laws and regulations and demonstrates up-to-dateexpertise in Employee Relations and applies this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans.
The day to day expectations of this role are:
- Provide leadership and engage in the resolution of employee relations issues, investigate and offer recommendations/solutions to employee complaints and concerns, and advise managers in: employee coaching, counseling, performance monitoring and evaluation, employment laws and company policies
- In conjunction with the HR Business Partners, develop, implement, and update Human Resources employment policies and procedures.
- Manage the online HR Policies and Procedures Manual; ensure policies are current and in compliance with state, federal and local employment laws.
- Assist with the annual employee compensation reviews (merit and equity incentive payprograms) and performance evaluation process.
- Stay current in state, federal and local employment laws, ensuring the company, management and employees are in compliance.
- Assist in identifying deficiencies and training opportunities for managers, supervisors and employees in employee relations matters.
- Assist the HR Business Partners and Training and Development team to develop, implement, facilitate and support on-going training related to employee relations, leadership, coaching and succession planning, as well as compliance with state, federal, local laws, and company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Recommend ideas, programs, etc. to enhance the employee experience.
- Complete all of our Affirmative Action reporting & filing in accordance with OFCCP
- Act as liaison to in-house counsel
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources or related field or equivalent working experience in a corporate environment. PHR/SPHR/GPHR a plus. JD a strong plus!
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive human resources management experience with a minimum of 5 years of extensive employee relations experience
- Solid knowledge of state, federal and local employment laws
- Experience in developing human resources guidelines and procedures in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Experience in developing programs that drive change in organizational culture is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with all HR disciplines, as well as current best practices and HR trends.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all levels of employees
- Strong attention to detail and analytical problem solving skills
- Able to independently manage projects
- Computer skills in Word and Excel
- Ability to travel to various sites
- Motivated, resourceful, high energy, career-minded driven individual with a polished can do attitude.
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a high volume environment where priorities change often.
We offer an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. . Our benefits package is competitive and includes full healthcare options, a work from homeprogram, a 401(k) plan, and generous paid time off program.
Verisk Analytics is and Equal Opportunity Employer