Description Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™. For more information, please visit our website at www.driscolls.com.
About the Opportunity:
The Crop Accounting Supervisor provides advanced-level accounting, analytics and reporting to ensure the proper accounting treatment of internal farming activities and the related financial impacts. Will work collaboratively with the business and DOTA stakeholders and provide financial data and support for planning, controlling and decision making. Will manage systems, processes and lead people to execute the above.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Crop Accounting - will work to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting of all Nursery financial results. Performs accounting and cost accounting duties of a complex nature requiring advanced professional experience, and knowledge of accounting and cost accounting principles and practices. Ensures the reconciliation and analysis of related balance sheet accounts, income statement results, intercompany accounts... Will lead critical month end and annual accounting processes related to Inventoryvaluation. Will lead the monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc compilation and distribution of accounting and management reports. Such reports will include actual vs budget, month over month flux, costs per acre and per unit.
- Accounting Department Support - will support financial and general accounting functions as required. Will assess internal controls. Will work within accounting periods to ensure accurate month-end results. Will support Audit and Tax requests.
- Finance Department Support - will support the Finance team during the budget and reforecast processes. Will support Nursery Finance team goals and projects to ensure alignment.
- Nursery Operations Support - will support Nursery Operations by providing cost information and analysis and providing guidance on all applicable accounting topics as needed.
- Global Accounting Support - will support international and domestic subsidiaries in developing and implementing accounting systems and processes. Will develop and help implement global policy. Will prepare the monthly and annual eliminations and analysis for specific global and business unit consolidation.
- Systems Support - will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of crop accounting systems and tools.
- Supervision - will supervise staff accountant team members and all related activities and responsibilities.
- Process Improvement - will work on cross-functional teams as required to improve the processes used to complete the responsibilities of the position and other areas in the company that are applicable.
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll's in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll's confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years of professional accounting or cost accounting experience.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of various costs systems such as standard costs and activity based costing systems. Good knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), basic accounting terminology and concepts.
- Should have strong technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, with experience in using these tools to implement and improve accounting processes and systems.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced unstructured environment.
- Must be able to utilize technologies to streamline work processes.
- Must demonstrate analytical skills as well as be able to focus attention on details when necessary.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in month end close activities.
- Proven work experience as an accounting supervisor or relevant role.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, to initiate new ideas, to create new systems, to audit and correct errors, to train others in on-the-job procedures, to communicate clearly and accurately, to assist in the direction, control or planning of an activity, to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on measurable or verifiable criteria, to keep information confidential, to schedule tasks to meet deadlines.
- Travel will be required (up to 20% domestic and international)
- California driver's license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance.
- program required.
- A valid passport and the ability to travelinternationally without restrictions required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.