DXC Technology has an immediate need in our U.S. Public Sector group for a Developer 4 - Java & Clarity in Austin, TX.
• Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
• Works on problems / projects of diverse complexity and scope.
• Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
• May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process.
• Ability to handle most unique situations.
• May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
• Participates as a member of development team or teams
• Designs units for others. Completes development to implement complex components.
• Contributes to design activities; may design solutions.
• Develops independently; participates in code reviews and may lead code reviews. May lead and provide mentoring and guidance to less senior developers.
• Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
• Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to maintain one or more technology areas
• Applies DXC and 3rd party technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
• Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions complexity or services prepared by more senior technologists for more complex solutions.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience
Knowledge and Skills:
o 6 years’ experience in writing java code
o Basic Understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle.
o Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
o Experience on one or more full release project life cycles.
o Strong understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
o Basic understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
o Experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
o Strong understanding basic Database Administration.
o Able to apply consistently quality and security standards.
o Developing general project management/team leader skills. Ability to work effectively in a team and with clients.
o Java/JEE development skills
o JBOSS Developer Studio or Eclipse IDE , Struts
o Object-oriented analysis and design
o Relational Database Management System
o HP Clarity knowledge and experience
o SQL Server Database
o Configuration Management Systems (CMS)
o Unit testing tools, Iterative Development
Specialized ( Preferred )
• TDD development.
• Application Lifecycle Management/Quality Center.
• Exstream , SSRS
• Enterprise Service Bus
• Public Retirement Systems implementation / or Clarety framework solution
Requisition ID 1652831