Our client a top chemical manufacture of plastic resins, is looking for a Reliability Manager in the Charleston, WV area. The company has a great salary and compensation package. The area is family friendly with a low cost of living.
SUMMARY: This position has 4 direct reports and at times will have a contractor team of up to 10 report into this role as well for Turnarounds, etc.
· Is responsible for overseeing reliability for overall operation of the plant.
· Leads maintenance and reliability efforts to support the achievement of overall operational objectives related to personal safety, Reliability Team personnel safety, production, cost, process safety, equipment reliability/availability, manpowerutilization.
· Single point accountability for all site maintenance (routine and turn-around) and reliability activities.
· Owns the Maintenance and Reliability work process and identifies opportunities to improve.
· Drives improvement of maintenance and reliability performance through the use of key performance indicators.
· Provides leadership for maintenance and reliability personnel. Responsible for career development of personnel and succession planning.
· Ensures a cost effective maintenance and reliability organization through the optimal allocation of resources.
· Ensures compliance with all applicable personnel safety and process safety regulation (Ex: employee safe work practices and equipment testing and inspections).
· Ensures effective management of sub-contractors performing maintenance/reliability services (Scaffolding Contractor, HVAC Contractor, Hydro-blasting Contractor, etc)
· Leads the development of the annual maintenance and reliabilitybudget and monitors performance while taking actions to meet commitments.
· Leads the development of annual Strategic Objectives for the Maintenance & Reliability area that support the directives for the KPU Belle Plant and lead execution of activities to accomplish the objectives.
· Utilize the “Plan, do, review, act” improvement model and leading/lagging key performance indicators to drive improvement in Maintenance & Reliability effectiveness
· Ensure Contract Reliability resources participate effectively in efforts to maintain plant site systems for equipment documentation, training, maintenance, reliability and spare parts.
· As necessary, lead efforts to hire and train maintenance staff.
· Support the achievement of overall site operational objectives related to safety, health, environment, production, cost, equipment reliability, equipment availability, manpowerutilization, etc.
· Monitors timely completion of safety, environmental, and equipment related corrective actions to meet site management expectations.
· Analytical - In order to perform the duties of the Reliability Manager, an individual must be able to use intuition and experience to complement data and information; design work flows and procedures to accomplish goals.
· Problem Solving - This individual must identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information; develop alternative solutions when necessary, work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Project Management- Must be able to coordinate projects; communicate changes and progress; complete projects on time and within budget; manage project team activities.
· Technical Skills - This individual should have good computer skills especially in the area of Microsoft Office Products. He/she must be able to self assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
· Interpersonal Skills - This individual must direct the work of the maintenance and reliability staff. He/she should focus on solving conflict, not blaming; maintain confidentiality in specific situations; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; remain open to others' ideas and tries new things when possible.
· Oral Communication – The ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; and participate in meetings when called upon.
· Written Communication - Must be able to write clearly and informatively. Individual should be able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork - This individual works as a team member for the efficient performance of the plant. Therefore, he/she must balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; support everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Leadership- This position collaborates and coordinates several projects at once. Strong leadership skills are needed in order to drive a complex change management process.
· Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions (work design, delays, purchases, impact on budget, etc.); Aligns work with strategic goals.
· Diversity - This individual should be aware of organization's EEO policy when directing and communicating with his/her workforce. He/she should promote a harassment-free environment.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments, does not make promises he/she cannot keep.
· Organizational- This position requires multitasking of many different tasks and projects. The Reliability Manager must possess strong organizational skills in order to track the progress and coordinate efforts of all contracted resources to meet operational needs of the plant.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Ensures his employees work safely and take necessary precautions during hazardous situations. He/she uses equipment and materials properly.
Minimum BS in Chemical Engineering
· 10+ years of Chemical plant experience in maintenance.
· Demonstrate understanding of maintenance and reliability “best practices”.
· Working knowledge of Distributed Control System (Not critical but preferred).
· Fundamental understanding of PSM systems and hazardous processes (OSHA1910.119).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Required:
· Reliability or Professional Engineering Certification preferred but not required.
Peers- Production Manager, Facility Engineer, Quality manager, Administration Manager, Contract Maintenance Service Provider Manager
· Subordinates- Contract Maintenance Service Provider Supervisor, Planner & Mechanics
· Management- Domestic and International relations with: Technical Manager, VPs, President and Business Leadership.
· Must be authorized to work in the US
· Knowledge of Best Practices in Measuring and Managing Maintenance Effectiveness
· Ability to Multitask and Handle Multiple Simultaneous Assignments
· Ability to Work as Self Directed Individual
· Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
· Working knowledge of “Cause” analysis and cause analysis tools.
· Solid ability to utilize Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Project)
· Strong attention to detail, ability to manage data with a high degree of accuracy.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to allow productive collaborative relationships with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to assign and direct the work of contractors and Reliability Team personnel effectively.
· Ability to coach and motivate maintenance employees so the plant operates efficiently, to retain valuable employees and to develop staff.