Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
MITRE seeks technical candidates with a strong computer science or electrical engineering education and background to join a research and development team focused on investigating new technologies and building prototypes. The right candidate will enjoy a fast-paced team environment, working on cutting edge technology, and be a self-starter. This position is located on-site in Lorton VA. Key Functions:
- Reverse engineer mobile and embedded devices
- Develop prototypes based on research
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar field, and 3 years of experience. Candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to apply advanced principles, theories and concepts comparable to those obtained with a Master's degree in a relevant field of study. Candidate should understand the missions, domains and challenges of MITRE customers. In addition, the candidate understands that he/she will be fully responsible for deliverables-including definition, completion, and technical quality, as well as assuring consistency across the responsibility span. Required Qualifications:
- Secret level clearance
- Static and dynamic of executables
- IDA Pro, GDB
- Familiar with ARM, ARM64, AARCH64 assembly
- Familiarity with Android internals, Linux kernel, and/or iOS internals
- Software development experience in Python, Java, C, and C++
- Basic knowledge of software vulnerabilities and exploitation
- Applicable BS degree (preference: computer science/electrical engineering)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Git
- Ability to work independently and independently learn new technologies, languages, platforms, etc.