The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and Final Quality Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations.
• Build profitable business and script growth through recommended clinical programs including appropriate immunization and when available MTM (Medication Therapy Management), DCS (Diabetes Care Specialist), and all ongoing other programs as identified.
• Oversee the daily activities of the Pharmacy department.
• Counsel customers with regard to medications filled at the pharmacy.
• Ensure growth and profitability of Pharmacy Department.
• Handle and resolve customer issues, complaints and questions to build customer trust and loyalty.
• Comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.
• Interact with physicians to gain additional information about customers and prescriptions to be filled.
• Ensure excellent customer service by Pharmacy associates.
• Maintain a clean and efficient Pharmacy department.
• Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance feedback, and demonstrating RAPTAR
(Recognition, Appreciation, Praise, Treat Associates Respectfully) behaviors.
• Maintain appropriate security of the Pharmacy department.
• Maintain reports for controlled, outdated, and recalled medications; and prescription and customer files.
• Manage pharmacy inventory at acceptable levels to fulfill customer need.
• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures for controlled substance dispensing and record keeping.
• Prioritize Pharmacy Department tasks and follow through to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Including, but not limited, to cycle counts, inventory management and will-calls to customers.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
Experience / Requirements
The following qualities are required:
-Minimum age of 21 years old meet education and experience requirements.
-Ability to pass drug test.
-Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to work weekends and extended days on a frequent basis.
-Ability to work day, evening, and/or night shift.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
-Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
-Excellent communication and customer service skills.
-Ability to adapt to change quickly and frequently.
-Ability to perform different tasks on different days as necessary.
-Ability to respond to interruptions and then return seamlessly to task at hand
-Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a sense of calm.
-Ability to multi-task for extended periods of time.
Bachelor's degree (BS), Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.), or equivalent in Pharmacy, and Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA) plus a minimum of one(1) yearexperience as a licensed Pharmacist; or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, the associate should have experience in a retail environment.