Reporting to the CI Manager, this position will deliver continuous improvement training and actions throughout the facility while serving as the Subject Matter Expert on Continuous Improvement. They willl provide direction for CI Specialists (Engineers). Incumbent will lead and grow a culture of Continuous Improvement and Change Management with all activities at this Aftermarket facility. Will facilitate continuous improvement projects focused on quality improvements, on-time delivering, inventory and cost reductions and process performance improvements.
Provides efficient leadership and cost effective integration of Continuous Improvement, creating operational excellence.
- Provide direction and mentorship to CI Specialists on behalf of the CI Manager
- Facilitates Continuous Improvement projects, cost reductions, and process performance improvements.
- Maintain CI implementation schedules for assigned projects, progress updates as required, and most importantly, provide documentation that demonstrates the direct link between CI implementation and process and Plant Operations improvements.
- Provide CI training and coaching at all levels of the Plant.
- Participate in and lead teams aimed at the resolution of quality issues and concerns.
- Support production control, material control, material planning departments in improvement projects relating to schedulinginventory management and raw material flow and tracking.
- Support prototype and pilot runs to address design and process feasibility concerns from a departmental aspect.
- Interface with plant engineering on projects addressing staffing, manpower, time and capacity analysis.
- Generate, provide and participate in department specific training needs.
- Calculate cost reductions and/or various analysis to determine optimal problem solving method.
- Team with the Plant Controller to document savings and profit results of continuous improvement activities.
- Accountable for tracking all CI Projects and reporting progress to plant staff.
- Complete time studies to develop production standards for products.
- Assist in monitoring department equipment (OEE) and interface with Maintenance department to identify maintenance, repair and TPM.
- Works with process owner to develop value stream map for each process and each value stream family within the facility.
- Utilizes the concepts of continuous improvement and cost reduction in the execution of the job function.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of related experience in either Materials, Operations, Quality or similar role in a plant environment
- Experience in identifying areas of improvement.
- Implementation experience in Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement or Process Improvement with demonstrated results
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Working towards Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification
- Experience Mentoring Junior Lean Professionals
- Thorough understanding of cycle time reduction, waste reduction, yield improvement, productivity and throughput improvement.
Tracking Code 178532-846