The M+W Group is the leading global partner for architecture, engineering, construction and project management in the fields of Advanced Technology Facilities, the Life Science industries, Energy & Environmental Technologies, Mission Critical, Electronics and other High-Tech Infrastructures. Our focus is technically complex; from concept development to turnkey services, our company manages projects of all sizes ensuring flexibility, rapid realization and cost-effective completion.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees. Our teams bring outstanding expertise to every project, from business and strategic planning to facility maintenance and operations.
We create extraordinary solutions, delivering the unexpected by listening and responding with ingenuity and innovation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide overall commissioning leadership and expertise
- Provide guidance and leadership on all matters relating to systems completion, commissioning, and turnover/systems acceptance
- Obtain data from the project to enable planning and development of the overall Integrated Field Commissioning Plan
- Provide single point contact for Management and Operations Team to ensure alignment and integration of commissioning and start-up activities
- Coordinate commissioning and start-up issue identifications and resolution requirements
- Liaise with engineering and construction operation team members during their involvement in commissioning planning and execution
- Review and mature Commissioning Execution Plans for roll-up into an Integrated Field Plan
- Development of plans and interfaces to ensure a safe and effective field completion phase and transition of systems to steady state operations. When applicable, provide support to the start-up team
- When required, develop Commissioning Management Procedures, Systems Acceptance Procedures/Progress Tracking. Start-up and Operating Procedures, Project Completion dossiers, Certification Tracking Systems and Quality Assurance processes, etc.
- Participate, provide commissioning input, review, and guidance to Project Safety and Operability reviews
- Verifying that commissioning activities are thoroughly and safely staffed, planned, and executed tracking, certification, and quality purposes. Monitor proper database population of engineering parameters, check sheets, and verification criteria
- Handover planning and execution procedures, commissioning procedures, processes, and deliverables
- Other duties as assigned
- BS Degree in Architectural, Mechanical, or ElectricalEngineering or Construction Management (preferred). Technical related degrees may be considered.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in commissioning or a technical consulting field such as facility design, engineering, construction management or related area.
- Strong knowledge of building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and control systems.
- Previous commissioning experience in Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Project Management (EPCCPM) projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful partnerships and collaborative teams both internally and with other organizations.
- Previous experience with winning teamwork, leadership and highly collaborative environments.