Cox Automotive is hiring a Senior Accountant on the team. This position will serve as a financial partner within Manheim Digital’s, a Cox Automotive company, accounting department. Manheim Digital is a $200M revenue generating business whose mission is to drive seamless digital solutions that deliver an improved client experience and greater efficiency in the wholesale marketplace. OVE is the largest online whole marketplace in the industry and RMS is a growing software company who provides inventory management solutions to large vehicle manufactures. This position prepares and analyzes financial data to ensure the accurate, timely and proper preparation of the financial statements. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work under tight deadlines and have a high level of expertise in accounting. Responsibilities include General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Internal Controls, System Integration, and ensuring accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts monthly to include resolving issues timely and ensuring balances are properly supported and explained.
- Perform general ledger activities such as journal entries for allocations, accruals, prepaid and expense account reclassifications.
- Document policy, practice and procedure for all tasks and responsibilities. Additionally, assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to accounting.
- Act as a SME for all processes associated with Manheim business practices including day to day financial responsibilities.
- Partner with other departments to ensure all internal controls are adhered to and financial statements are fairly and accurately presented.
- Review and analyze monthly operating results for accuracy providing recommendations when opportunities for improvement are presented.
- Perform account research and analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes.
- Review current processes and implement changes to increase efficiencies within processes.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries.
- Regularly interact with key corporate customers and respond timely to their needs.
- Adhere to rigorous controls over all processes around the Oracle ERP system.
- Support Enterprise Accounting team in daily/monthly reconciliations and month end close activities.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting and other supporting schedules to be provided to corporate department managers are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Finance or Accounting required)
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of Corporate accounting experience required.
- Maturity and organizational savvy to work with corporate management.
- Demonstrated financial analysis strength.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Proven Hyperion HFM, Oracle, Essbase and Smart View skills mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and shift priorities quickly as required.
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction, as well as be resourceful and independent in solving problems.
- Ability to understand business strategy and translate into effective tactical plans.
- Strong computer skills and proficient use of Excel.
- Proven ability to work with all levels in the organization.
- BlackLine software knowledge preferred.