Our mission is to focus on quality manufacturing using innovative design and emerging technologies that provide cost effective products and services to consistently exceed customer expectations. All Packaging Company has been fortunate enough to have doubled our sales in the last 5years, now producing approximately 20 million cartons every month.
If you enjoy working closely with other departments, find rapid change exhilarating, you are proactive, THIS IS YOUR JOB!
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for procurement of all needed manufacturing materials for our Denver and Salt Lake City plants.
- Manage corporate-wide purchases of all paperboard and other raw materials
- Management of the corrugated cases programs in Denver and Salt Lake City.
- Negotiate agreements and develop relationships with suppliers to ensure a “just in time” inventory framework that is reliable, consistent and cost effective
- Develop continuous improvement processes that result in higher quality materials as well as lower overall inventory levels and lower delivered costs
- Proactively identify potential supply constraints, developing alternative solutions that prevent production delays
- Prepare reports for management describing innovations, cost reductions, and current market conditions
- Establish vendor Scorecards, monitor results and collaborate with vendors to improve all aspects of the supply chain
- Provide backup and cross training with the Denver Scheduling personnel
- Participate in senior level manager’s strategy development
Qualifications and Skills
- BS degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Time Management.
- Organization Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads. Ability to work independently with little direct supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to deal with external and internal customers in a professional manner.
Preferred Education and Experience
- APICS or CPM Certification is desirable.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Health insurance-Company pays the 70% of our basic plan.
- Dental Insurance with Vision discount program.
- Life and disability insurance
- 401K retirement
- Professional development
- Educational tuition reimbursement