Minnesota Bank & Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"™
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc., is a $9 billion+ multibank holding company with headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa. Heartland's footprint stretches from the Midwest to the West, with community banks in Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona, Montana, Colorado, and California. Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF." Heartland is proud to have been named a 2017 Forbes Best Bank in America.
Heartland Retirement Plan Services seeks a Retirement Plan Business Development Officer to assist in developing new relationships in our Kansas City and Twin Cities markets in affiliation with Heartland subsidiary banks Morrill & Janes Bank and Trust and Minnesota Bank & Trust.
The Retirement PlanServices Business Development Officer identifies prospective customers in assigned regional industry markets, identifying prospective new customers and working with bank partners to identify additional opportunities for existing clients
1. Responsible for developing new retirement plan business across all internal business lines and referral sources outside of Heartland Financial USA, Inc.
2. Develops and maintains working relationships with internal and external referral sources.
3. Manages a multi-state territory.
4. Follows up to move prospects through the sales cycle quickly and efficiently.
5. Maintains an active pipeline and uses internal applications to keep management appraised on progress.
6. Identifies a prospect’s specific needs and offers a custom solution.
7. Completes investment analyses of client’s fund option and offers suitable alternatives from Heartland’s fund offering.
8. Maintains up to date and accurate records, files, and critical data in sales data base.
9. Responsible for maintaining working relationships with internal and external referral sources.
10. Use consultative sales approach to identify prospect needs and offer custom solution.
11. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent years of experience.
2. 5-7 years of experience selling directly to plan sponsors with a track record of meeting or exceeding revenue/asset goals.
3. Strong knowledge of plan design, compliance and testing, ERISA and industry standards.
4. Able to use a consultative sales approach.
5. Strong knowledge of investment options and an understanding of the fiduciary requirements of plan sponsors.
6. Strong knowledge of defined contribution plans.
7. Critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify and recommend appropriate follow-up action.
8. Excellent organizational, multi-task and follow through skills.
9. Maintain high level of confidentiality.
10. Teamwork and interpersonal skills to work on organizational initiatives.
11. Ability to multi-task.
12. Familiarity with SunGard Relius, Mid-Atlantic Trust Company, vWise, and Smart 401(k) systems.
1. QPFC, QKA, APA designations highly preferred.