VP, Finance & Accounting
8 - 10 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
Job Title: VP, Finance & Accounting
Reports to: CEO
Location: Austin, Texas
Bridgepoint Consulting is seeking a VP of Finance & Accounting to join our client in the retail space. The VP of Finance & Accounting will report the CEO and will directly supervise the entire accounting and finance functions which includes company financial planning, debt financing, budget management, and ensuring accounting processes and procedures uphold to GAAP standards. This is a strategic executive leadership role requiring a candidate who can ensure the company’s financial strategy stays the course, while implementing continuous process improvement with a hands-on approach. Client is open to relocation for the right candidate.
· Lead and develop the finance, accounting and payroll function for the company.
· Effectively manage cash projections and cash balances to maximize returns on excess cash and minimize interest accruals on loans and LOC.
· Implement best practices for inventory, purchasing, and payables.
· Manage team to ensure deadlines are met with GAAP based financial statements for period end close.
· Present data and analysis on the company’s financial status to the Board of Directors.
· Manage liabilities such as loans, leases, statutory & legal opportunities and contingencies & loan covenants.
· Lead the annual budget process, oversee tax, and other regulatory filings.
· Ensure GAAP accounting and best practices are followed in relation to existing loyalty, stored value and affinity card programs.
· Proactively drive revenue, reduce cost, and achieve strategic goals as a contributing member of the senior leadership team.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, Required.
· MBA and/or CPA, preferred.
· 7 plus years of experience in accounting or finance with 3 plus years as a Controller or higher.
· “Big Four” Experience, preferred.
· Experience with Company Capital Raising, preferred.
· Experience in both the Public and Private Sectors, preferred.
· Exposure to Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, preferred.
Austin, Texas is frequently listed as one of the best places to live year after year. While being called the live music capital of the world Austin is also home to great education, a booming high- tech industry, and countless outdoor activities.
ABOUT BRIDGEPOINT CONSULTING PROFESSIONAL SEARCH
Bridgepoint Consulting has an experienced search team of professional and executive recruiters that connect accounting, finance and IT professionals with an esteemed list of our clients for career opportunities. With multiple certifications and more than 60 combined years of experience in the recruiting industry, Bridgepoint Recruiters have built a reputation of treating our clients and candidates with honesty, respect and integrity.