UnityPoint at Home provides a comprehensive selection of home medical equipment, products, services and related education. Our trained staff and 24-hour availability make us the perfect choice for your home medical needs. We are more than just equipment, our comprehensive home medical equipment care includes:
Patient Assessment: Our highly trained professional staff will assist your physician or other health care provider in the development of a personalized plan of care that is continually updated to ensure the best patient outcome.
Patient/Caregiver Training: A comprehensive training program is conducted with each patient to ensure they understand their plan of care, how to use each piece of equipment and who to contact in case of an emergency.
Service and Maintenance: Our repair and service technicians are dedicated to providing high quality service and repair. We provide 24-hour on-call emergency assistance, complete repair and maintenance of all equipment, discharge planning consultation, product education, equipment follow-up and sales/rental options on most equipment.
Delivery and On-Site Billing: Equipment delivery and setup is just part of the comprehensive service we offer our patients. Proper equipment setup ensures your safety and satisfaction.
For your convenience, UnityPoint Home Care can handle all your Medicare and insurance billing. Our on-site billing means questions can be handled locally by a team that works directly with our delivery technicians.
Home Medical Equipment Retail Centers: We offer several retail locations where customers and their families can conveniently purchase or rent equipment. Each center is staffed with specially-trained professionals ready to talk with patients about their specific equipment needs.
- Accountable for direct supervision of the retail sales operations and staff.
- Ensures that the Home Medical Equipment Services store meets its financial targets and service line goals.
- Coordinates efficient operations of store location. Specifically responsible for store sales, product placement, territory development and staffing.
- Maintains contact with current referral sources and develops new relationships with potential customers.
- Ensures that store staff are properly trained in current Customer Service, Billing and Marketing processes and compliance issues.
- Ensures that store staff are properly trained in product use.
- Responsible for working with Executive Directors of Business Development and HME to implement and execute marketing strategies within the HME Service line.
- Coordinates marketing efforts with HME Business Manager for store territory.
- Works with HME Business Manager to implement ongoing public relations program and a marketing plan to increase community understanding, improve relations with physicians and other care clinicians, and increase revenues.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to improve cross-service line patient care and revenue opportunities.
- Establish effective mechanisms of communication with staff and the management team to foster an environment of openness, trust, teamwork and staff development.
- Directs daily business operations, proposes marketing policies and business processes and implements policies and processes with Executive Director approval.
- Reviews financial statements, and operating results and participates in performance evaulations on an ongoing basis.
- Provides leadership in the development of objectives, standards of care, policies and procedures affecting the Home Medical Equipment store locations.
- Responsible for creating a culture of collaboration, innovation, learning, team work and professional practice consistent with the mission, vision and values of the company.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA, Accreditation Standards and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested by the HME Business Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the organization
- Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephony messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, such as The Voice newsletter, to stay aware of IHHC programs and initiatives.
- Associate degree in business or health related field or equivalent of at least 3-5 years in health care environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in a sales or customer service role in the HME or similar industry
- Demonstrated experience in training, leading and/or motivating staff in a dynamic environment
- Experience and proficiency in computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proven customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, well organized and able to work independently and with a team
- Ability to have positive interaction with staff being supervised, including counseling, dialogues, problem solving and employee performance
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and direct staff accordingly so that departmental and organizational targets are met
- Ability to problem solve and analyze issues that come up related to:
- HME software system
- Departmental day-to-day operations
- Interdepartmental issues
- Ability to address concerns of physicians, patients, families, referrals or internal staff
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment and respond to a diverse group of customers
- Excellent listening, analytical, and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of the unique service line functions for HME services.
- Basic knowledge of specific regulatory and reimbursement requirements relevant to each of the areas supervised
- Knowledge of health insurance billing and authorizations/referrals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Openly and actively communicates information.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem solving expertise.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care or related field.
- 5 or more years in the HME or related industry
- Demonstrated leadership in a customer service or health care role.
Requisition ID 2017-36949