This position directly manages all aspects of organizational advancement and human resources for the Asheboro plant. Additionally, this position provides HR support for the Corporate Purchasing group. For these groups, this HR leader role is a direct business partner who will advise, develop, and implement plans/actions in the areas of strategy, business process improvement, change management, and team effectiveness relative to business plan. This position will also be responsible for managing HR strategies and organizational development work relative to business plan. This includes activities such as union avoidance, right-sizing, due diligence, acquisitions, facilities moves, organizational development and integrations. The HR Manager will partner with managers to ensure the business is ethically, morally and legally making the right choices based upon Timkens value system. Additionally, this position is the associate resource and advocate; driving talent acquisition, development, and retention through this advocacy, as well as fair and consistent treatment.
- Manage broad OA/HR activities including but not limited to staffing, positive associate relations, union avoidance, compensation and benefits, performance and talent management, training and development, and compliance.
- Function as associate advocate.
- Coach and counsel managers on fair and consistent application of all policies and procedures regarding associate employment, performance, development, evaluation and discipline.
- Lead by example.
- Manage change efficiently and effectively.
- Develop communication strategies; assess readiness and risk and implementation corrective action to ensure change is managed successfully.
- Establish, monitor and improve OA metrics for Asheboro's operation, aligned with business goals.
- Function as Asheboro's site compliance leader regarding federal, state and local regulations with all aspects of employment.
- Develop annual AAP including strategies to meet participation goals.
- Improve operational effectiveness at Asheboro.
- Identify roles & responsibilities across the organization to adjust to growth needs and to improve operational effectiveness.
- Assess skill gaps, partner with plant management to develop capabilities in associates, fill leadership pipeline, accurately and fairly assess associate performance and work with business leaders to establish plans to address performance concerns.
- Manage staffing needs including succession planning, right-sizing, leadership development and recruitment activities to meet corporate goals.
- Conduct annual wage & benefit surveys and analysis, leading to strategic action development.
- Lead successful execution of the talent management process.
- Maintain non-union status at Asheboro.
- Operate effectively within the Global Mfg. Advancement matrix to drive organizational effectiveness.
- All aspects of this job require intimate knowledge of a manufacturing culture.
- Practical experience should include plant floor interactions, demonstrated leadership abilities and problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication at all levels of the organization.
- Five years’ experience in manufacturing is an enabler to success.
- Bachelor's Degree of HR Mgt/Business Mgt. is required.
- Master's Degree of HR Mgt/Business Mgt is a plus.
- 10-12 years' HR experience is required
- PHR, SPHR, GPHR certifications are not required but a plus.