Vice President, Development and Facility Maintenance
8 - 10 years experience • Engineering Services
Our Vice President of Development and Facility Maintenance has the authority, responsibility and accountability for the facility maintenance and environment of care at CCRS residential treatment facilities.
This position assures that all facilities have systems and processes necessary for maintaining a safe, secure and functional patient / resident care environment.
This position will coordinate resources necessary to support and implement care in compliance with state, federal, client and regulatory agencies such as the Joint Commission. In addition, this position will manage new construction and/or remodel projects and assist as needed in business development activities as it relates to the developing proposals, visiting and assessing prospectlocations, and participating in pre-bid conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or business preferred.
- Ten (10) years of Engineering, Development and/or construction management experience, five (5) of which will be in an environment of comparable size and complexity to CCRS.
- This individual will have multi-site / multi-state experience in a healthcare and/or institutional setting.
- Experience managing secure facilities or behavioral health locations preferred.
- Experience in life-safety systems, computerized work order management and preventive maintenance systems.
- Must possess a working knowledge of state and federal health regulatory laws, objectives and policies, procedures and requirements for managing secure forensic and mental health facilities as demonstrated by having a combination of relevant work, education and research experience.
- Must possess a working knowledge of hospital mental health standards, including regulatory agency requirements (i.e. Joint Commission).
- Must be able to work independently and within groups.
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to make formal presentations including in front of groups or in written documents.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Above average knowledge of spreadsheet software.
- This position requires above average travel with frequent overnight stays.
- DBIA or LEED Certification a plus.
- Provides professional expertise to Hospital or Facility Administrators in managing, hiring, and mentoring all facility-level administrative and maintenance support services personnel.
- Oversees the new project development including property acquisition, design, entitlements, construction and occupancy.
- Oversees the preparation of project budgets, constructioncontracts, and provides overall guidance in department objectives and concepts.
- Provides operational advice through daily contact to all functional areas at the facility level to include facility operations and maintenance and vendor contracting.
- Actively participates in the development of Request for Proposals (RFPs) and construction expansion projects.
- Assures all facilities are maintained in compliance with codes and regulations necessary to achieve a safe and functional patient care environment. Responsible for compliance with the Joint Commission standards and the rules and regulations promulgates by other regulatory agencies.
- Partners with Corporate Contract Compliance to develop operational monitoring tools for facility maintenance.
- Provides expertise and support necessary for execution of facility plan of correction as it relates to inspections and regulatory compliance.
- Promotes facility operational policies consistent with the organization’s mission and values.
- Oversees standards and controls through weekly and monthly reviews, site visits, and formal internal, external, and client audits. Provides information to senior management on the necessary processes and systems to improve total performance.
- Establishes checks and balances for policy, processes, and physical structures and equipment.
- Seeks and establishes new partners and vendors to maximize internal and external resources.
- Directly work withfinance to review pricing and quality to establish the best value for corporate and facility initiatives.
- Review Statement of Conditions for facilities that are accredited by Joint Commission.
- Provides guidance and participates in new facility start-ups.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate articles, journals, and related material, and by attending seminars, conferences and so forth.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer