Snagajob, America’s #1 spot for hourly work, is the only company solely committed to providing recruitment and hiring solutions to the hourly industry. With over 80 million registered job seekers and a leading hourly-focused talent management system, Snagajob has been serving hourly workers and those who employ them since 2000.
Snagajob is looking for a technical product owner (TPO) to manage the ongoing development and management of our business intelligence and data platform. As a TPO you will be responsible for making sure that our data continues to meet the needs of our internal stakeholders and external customers by aligning the development roadmap of the Data Strategy & Analysis team with the needs of our internal partners, and the overall strategy of the company. You will be directing a team consisting of Data Engineers, Architects and Data Analysts.
- Working back from Snagajob’s strategy which puts rich user data in the center of everything we do, and design technical solutions that enable all of our products to consume the data
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders to understand their data needs, and work with a team of engineers to deliver on those technical data solutions to fulfill those needs
- Drive the data agenda with focus on excelling at key Data quality metrics: Availability, Accuracy and Completeness of data across the major data movement processes and key data entities (worker profile, job postings, locations, etc…)
- Work on cutting edge 100 % cloud based database systems (PaaS solutions like Snowflake & RDS, on-prem solutions like MongoDB / Snowflake/ MS SQL Server running on IaaS)
- Explore new technologies that advance our high performance Big Data environment processing 100 million events per day and continue the journey towards more real time data availability
- Explore new technologies and frameworks to drive our architecture and processes forward (our high performance Big Data environment processes more than 100 million events per day) and continue the journey towards more real time data availability for the various internal products
- Use Agile development practices to focus on engineering craftsmanship, quality and best practices
- Champion data and metrics instrumentation during the development lifecycle for new products and services.
- Drive development of tools, reporting improvements, and automation, and create new innovative and insightful reports.
- Ensure that the Data Delivery team supports the internal stakeholders with ad hoc data requests and analytical needs
What You’ll Bring:
- Willingness to collaborate, explore and share
- Desire to build inspiring data centric experiences that thrill our users
- Commitment to remaining curious, open and active in your pursuit of the best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5+ years of experience in BI/analysis with complete lifecycle experience (data acquisition, data modeling, report building).
- Experience with enterprise class data warehousing from disparate source systems, relevant technologies and or such as ETL, BI Applications, Big Data, Web Analytics, CRM systems.
- Experience using SQL, ETL, and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets. Experience with Could
- Strong background in data mining, SQL, building reporting, and statistical modeling. Hands-on knowledge in using advanced SQL and databases in a business environment.
- Cloud computing and/or Kinesis experience is a big plus
What You Can Expect From Snagajob:
Snagajob offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k plan, health and fitness incentives, 20 days of PTO to start and 2 days of paid community service time, eligibility for performance-based bonuses, and casual fun work environment with an award winning culture. Snagajob is an equal opportunity employer.
With more than 80 million registered hourly workers and 300,000 employer locations, Snagajob is America’s #1 hourly marketplace. We focus on creating instant and quality connections so workers can get jobs and employers can hire workers—in minutes. Since 2000, our mission has been to put people in right fit-positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives. We do this through the Snagajob marketplace and PeopleMatter, our end-to-end platform of talent and workforce management solutions. Our mobile sourcing, hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management tools drive results for single-locationoperators to Fortune 500 businesses with thousands of locations, across the restaurant, retail, hospitality and healthcare industries.